Author Topic: Formula HELP for this sample  (Read 2278 times)

83CAG

• View Profile
Formula HELP for this sample
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
Hi guys i would like to have help whit this kind of league management:

- numbers of players " represent the maximum points for the last standing player, the winner"
- to give points in the simple method: first player that make a rebuy has 1 point "all the rebuys/addons to be ignored" and to be considered out of game for ranking only, last standing player get maximum points regarding total numbers of players that was in the game
- and also the buy in value and all the rebuys /add-ons to be ignored in formula but to be able to continue in the game
- very important the first player who make a rebuy to be considered by the formula out of game and give to him a specific points regarding the order, as example: from a number of 45 players, the first one that make a rebuy to receive 1 point and the last place in ranking list, the next one 2 points and so far until the last one that will take 45 point and the first place in ranking list

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Formula HELP for this sample
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 12:01:20 AM »
- numbers of players " represent the maximum points for the last standing player, the winner"
I'm a little confused here, are you wanting the number of people outlasted (n-r or n-r+1), or do you want the total number of people that were in the tournament (n)?

- to give points in the simple method: first player that make a rebuy has 1 point "all the rebuys/addons to be ignored" and to be considered out of game for ranking only, last standing player get maximum points regarding total numbers of players that was in the game
First to rebuy, as far as I know, is going to have to be done one of two ways. One is to manually adjust the points of the player "+1", the other (probably suggested) way is to create a prize, labeling it something like "1st rebuy", and manually award it to the recipient.

- and also the buy in value and all the rebuys /add-ons to be ignored in formula but to be able to continue in the game
By not putting in nr or na, rebuys and addons will be ignored, for purposes of the formula.

- very important the first player who make a rebuy to be considered by the formula out of game and give to him a specific points regarding the order, as example: from a number of 45 players, the first one that make a rebuy to receive 1 point and the last place in ranking list, the next one 2 points and so far until the last one that will take 45 point and the first place in ranking list
This sounds more like the n-r+1 that I was eluding to under the first quote.

So let's put this together. Basic point structure will be n-r+1 (number of players, minus the rank, plus 1) (out of 45 players, you rank 1st. This will give 45-1+1, or 45 points).
1st addon/rebuy will have to be done one of two ways. No way, that I'm aware of, of how to automate the award of that prize. Not adding the na or nr variables, rebuys and addons will be ignored for purposes of the formula.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!