Author Topic: Receipts  (Read 18215 times)

Scotty K

• View Profile
Re: Receipts
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »
Again, thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to take a look at these things for me.

I'll try the style suggestion and see if that works.  As for the receipt printing small, I have a couple of thoughts that I'm going to attempt to try and see if they work; otherwise what I think I might wind up doing is pre-seating everyone for my tournaments, then print out all the receipts with table name and seat #s beforehand as well.  As I said before, the receipts will print correctly for me if I approach the Print function from the Receipts directory, rather than from the pop-up Print dialogue when I buy players in.  If I have to do it that way, then so be it.

I'll let you know if I work it out.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 08:14:52 PM »
Aha!

It would appear that your suggestion to use the style "writing-mode: tb-rl" does exactly what I would like it to do.  It rotates the text just fine in that cell, and it prints just like it's supposed to, so that would solve that problem.  Thanks!

Still having a problem with the small printing receipt, though.  I haven't given up yet, and I am still trying a few things.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »
What type of printer are you using...

Where would be the best place to get one cheap?

I assume you are using a thermal receipt printer but I wanted to see which printer people have had the most success with.

I run a tournament with about 30 people and have been looking at a more efficient way of buying people in. I believe this will work... I normally know who all will be playing prior to the game.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 10:18:20 AM »
Hi Keith.  I just saw your post now...

I do have a small portable thermal receipt printer, but I can't get it to interface with my computer at this time; that's a whole other issue.  I think that if I were able to get that one to work, then I could compensate for the small output, something that I could certainly live with.

In the meantime, I did come up with a receipt template/form that I am happy with (I'll post an image soon).  The only way that I can make it work, though, is to buy everyone in beforehand, but instead of having TD initiate the printing (I don't click the "print receipt" box in the Receipt button in "Preferences"), I just go to the Receipt folder and print them out individually there.  This is the only way that they will print exactly as they appear, without the shrinking or changing of fonts.

I got a cheap HP printer at Target for $30 (it's a printer only, no photo or scanner or anything) and print them out on 4x6 cards.  They look very similar to the receipt cards at the beginning of this post.

I'll be doing this for the first time at our next tournament, which is this coming Saturday, Nov. 24; I'll let you know how it works out.

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 02:11:24 AM »
thanks for the reply I am looking forward to hearing how it worked out for you. I am still debating on if this will be effecient for me or not... Some players show up late... What I did before my printer broke was I bought in before everyoone showed up and exported and printed the player list and table seats. Then I would check off their names and look at the seating chart to tell them their seats... but thats with 30 people sometimes 40.

Keith

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 09:52:56 PM »
Yeah, OK.  I hear you on that one.  I did the same thing actually, so that's why I was thinking that it would be better to just hand them the receipt card with their table and seat info on it so they wouldn't be asking or wanting to see the seating chart on the screen, etc.

I do have my players trained fairly well, however.   :D  I have a one-week prior-to-tournament deadline in which they need to reserve their seats; otherwise they can't play.  This helps tremendously with the planning, as you might imagine.  I can let the host know exactly how many people are going to be there, so they can plan on the quantity of food/snacks that they will need to provide.  It's great for me as far as knowing beforehand how much equipment I'll need to bring.  If they don't cancel their reservation 24 hrs. before the tournament, then they will need to make good on their buyin anyway.  They also have until the end of the second round in which to arrive, otherwise the same thing, so everyone makes sure they get there on time.  So far everyone has been good with it.

I'll try to get an image of my receipt up soon, and I'll let you know how it works out.

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 10:09:12 PM »
OK; here's an image of my receipt.  The barcode has an actual function; it contains the player's ID#, the buy in amount, and the receipt number.  Now all I need is for something to read it with... :D

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 06:06:18 PM »
Wow that looks really good.

I will try it out soon if it doesnt work then oh well...

I would like to try the deadline but its hard for me when I host 2 tournaments a week. Also the problem isnt them signing up (i have a automated phone system to call and poll if they are playing or not) the problem i have is them showing up durring the first couple rounds. I have it so that they have to arive by the break or they are out... but what I am starting this year in January is if you arive early you will get an aditional 500 chip that will bring you from 1500 to 2000 in chips...

Can I get a copy of the template you are using? That receipt looks great and with the exception of the barcode everything I would want to do, my email is khuggins@lansg.com

Maybe I will try to make a loby area and filter the players through there. Give them their receipt and send them on their way.

Keith

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »
I sent you my template, sans the barcode and my league logo.  You might need to make some size adjustments to the cell that had the logo; other than that you should be good to go.

PESH2037

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 12:37:53 AM »
Hi,

Any chance you could give me the template, i've been trying to register players and give them a reciept at the same time with my thermal printer, but i cant seem to put the table number on there, or anything else for that matter apart from the orginal that comes with the td which is the same every time. Please help, im new at this computer thing, but i feel it would benefit my game greatly.

thanking you in advance

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 10:36:46 PM »
Hi Corey.

Just wanted to let you know that I have tried the new receipt feature, and it does EXACTLY what I would like it to do.  Apparently the changes that you made to how the receipt funtions were right on the money!  I used this feature in our satellite tournament, and everything was perfect.  I'm looking forward to continue using it throughout our next season.

If anyone is in need of kknowing how we are using this feature, please feel free to let me know, and I'll try to help you our as best as I can.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
Thank you very much, Scotty, for letting me know.  Up to now, I hadn't gotten any real feedback on printing.  No news is usually good news, but it's definitely better to get real usage information.

MickejMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51:13 AM »
i love the receipt :D

Is it possible to publish it? So everyone can use it?
I'm hosting a tournament for an organisation for over 400 People so it can be usefull :p

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
OK; here's the template.

I deliberately left the codeline for our league logo in the code; this will need to be changed for your own purposes.  Just go to the line that has the following code: "C:\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2.3\images\NJPT logo text.gif".  Remove this code, and replace it with the code for your own logo (make certain you use the quotation marks!).  You can also just replace it with text if you so chose.

This file can be edited using the standard Notepad program.  Open the .xml file (it should open, with an "x" indicating the missing logo), then on your browser click "View", then scroll down to "Source"; the .xml file now appears as it was written.  Right-click, then "Select All"; then right-click again, then "Copy".  Open Notepad, right-click and "Paste"; now the file can be edited as you might see fit.  You can save as an .txt file, or save with an .xml extension, which I would recommend just for consistency sake.  I would also suggest saving the file with a different name and keeping the original, just in case there were any mistakes made during editing.  After you save, you can then place the new template in the TD Template's directory, then select it within the program by going to the Preferences tab, clicking the Receipts button, and selecting the new template.  That should do the trick.

If you are having any problems with this, just let me know and I'll try to help.