Author Topic: Points Fpr Playing Formula help needed  (Read 2149 times)

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
Points Fpr Playing Formula help needed
« on: November 30, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »

I've been managing a league for a number of years, and have as of the last year switched from Tournament Manager to Tournament Director for obvious reasons. It's a superior product with greater functionality and aesthetics.

We are taking our league play to a new level and would like to incorporate the Point system. We will have 24 scheduled games during 2009. I would like to motivate regular participation with Points based on percentage of participation, whether players are League members versus visitors, then the obvious Buy-Ins, Add-ons, Finish placement, In The Money, and Paid Out finishers. I'd also like to subtract points for re-buys to encourage better play and eliminate the river chasers.

I have been through the formula section which unfortunately does not appear to be able to be printed, but I am no programmer and I just get lost.

Can someone provide a complete formula, or some assistance in my getting thorugh this. I have until the end of the year as we start a new season in 2009.

Thanks in advance.

jeff b

• View Profile
Re: Points Fpr Playing Formula help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:15 PM »
I'm not sure how you would incorporate participation percentage into the points formula itself, since it is calculated for each tournament. But if you simply base whatever you do with the point total after all the tournaments have been played on the raw total, then obviously the more often you play the more points you have the opportunity to accumulate.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
It sounds like all of what you would like to incorporate in your formula is possible.  I'm happy to help you *debug* your formula, but I'm really no good at coming up with them.

As far as the user manual, you can print it directly from the application (press Ctrl+P on the Help tab or in the help window), or you can open the manual in your default internet browser by using the shortcut installed on your Windows Start Menu and print from there.

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 05:51:36 PM »
Corey, if I understand this a little more clearly today, adjusting a formula for a single game takes place in the Game Info section, and all others such as Tournament Scoring and Overall scoring takes place under the stats column, correct?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
Correct.  More precisely, the Points for Playing formula allows a formulaic way to award points for an individual tournament.  This formula can be unique for every tournament.  The Tournament Scoring formula and the Overall Scoring Formulas (on the Stats tab) allow for a convenient way to apply a consistent formula for ranking/scoring players over a series of tournaments.

bfcadmin

• View Profile
    • Fight Club
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:31:36 AM »
wee hee, now for the fun part! Thank you.