Author Topic: Keeping league info online  (Read 4898 times)

E Z Aces

• View Profile
Keeping league info online
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »
What free host do you guys use ?  I just want to keep my schedule, past winers and stats on it so my players can have access to this info

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Keeping league info online
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 07:51:44 PM »
I'm presently using Proboards... Just created it so I got nothing so far... But once I get this season loaded in I can show you... otherwise if you want to see how empty it is.... goto www.cliffhangerspoker.com (yes, I know it's not a *.proboard.com, but that was of my choosing)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:44:04 PM »
I have my own web server so I created a simple website. You can see past results, league standing, and other info. I actually run 3 leagues, two of which are online leagues (NRV and ChipTalk.net) , and one is a llive league (Blue Ridge).I'm hoping some progress is made on the Status Updates feature in TD so I can start using that live during tourneys.

www.seitz333.com

Chuck
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:46:55 PM by Seitz333 »

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:48:16 AM »
There are a lot of free hosting offers flying around the net these days. Just as easy to put something together yourself.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Karpro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »
i started using blogspot for mine

The Meal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 12:45:07 AM »
I use google sites for the web page itself: https://sites.google.com/

And also maintain a free web presence at http://freewebhostingarea.com/ (they accomplish my needs in a web host, but I'm not sure whether I'd give a full endorsement for general use — do your own research!).

mlemmon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
I am very interested in this and would value anybodies advice on setting up my own website/domain. i am happy to go through a host/agency if anyone could recommend one. As long as the cost isn't in the £1000's our players would like this instead of me emailing out results.

I do not want to use Stats Genie etc, it must be something I can control and keep information secure.

I am looking for a simple site that can be access controlled (ie usernames and passwords) that can display upcoming tournaments, previous game results and ongoing league table. I would also like whomever I choose to create me a logo.

Has anybody done this or any ideas?

Kind regards

Matt

PS I'm based in the UK so would choose a UK based company to work with.

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 12:05:34 PM »
Here is my experience in this area:

I have run a few websites for a number of years now. I want to prefix this by saying that these are ZERO programming sites. I wanted to run with a hosting site and software that was super easy. I know a number of people do not like GoDaddy, but they have been great as far as I am concerned. There is decent phone support and they have a number of web applications that are 1-click installs. It doesn't get much easier than that.

I run WordPress for a couple of sites and I also run SMF on a couple of sites. (SMF is the software used for these forums). There are decent plug-ins for the software that are also 1-Click installs that allow event registration and other handy features.

WordPress and SMF are both very easy to install and administer. A piece of advice on GoDaddy: I have always received better pricing by phoning in my order. The people on the phone seem to always have some discretionary leeway on pricing.

Good luck with your site(s)...
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
I am very interested in this and would value anybodies advice on setting up my own website/domain. i am happy to go through a host/agency if anyone could recommend one. As long as the cost isn't in the £1000's our players would like this instead of me emailing out results.

I do not want to use Stats Genie etc, it must be something I can control and keep information secure.

I am looking for a simple site that can be access controlled (ie usernames and passwords) that can display upcoming tournaments, previous game results and ongoing league table. I would also like whomever I choose to create me a logo.

Has anybody done this or any ideas?

Kind regards

Matt

PS I'm based in the UK so would choose a UK based company to work with.

Do you just mean to have your own web site with all the info on.

That is all I do with mine, I got a domain for next to nothing, use WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) to make the site then just update it as and when.

UK based here,  http://www.chorleypokerleague.com/

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

E Z Aces

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 05:58:13 PM »
How hard is it to set up a web sight and maintain it ?

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

See my post two above this one. It is VERY easy if you run with canned applications.
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 08:59:16 PM »

If you need help you can contact me privately. I have set up a few poker league websites and created the poker leaderboard joomla component that imports the exports from TD.

But once set up it's just a few clicks to get your results up and online.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5