Author Topic: Procedure Question  (Read 2696 times)

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Procedure Question
« on: December 15, 2006, 09:37:25 PM »
We had a couple of situations occur recently that I'd lake to run past you guys for input.

First was we had a situation where, due to us using a moving button and several players getting knocked out on one hand we were left with three players remaining that were all big blinds. My question is how to post the blinds on the next hand? It has to be 3 small blinds correct? You can't force a player to be the BB twice in a row??

Next was, in a heads-up situation, one of the players was all-in so both hands were exposed and no more betting action. The dealer exposed the next burn and river card as he was dealing the turn card. Normally, with action to come, we would finish the turn card action then shuffle the exposed burn and river card back into the stub, then NOT burn, and deal the river so that the exposed river had a chance to come back out. Since there was no betting being done is this still necessary? My vote was to maintain procedure and shuffle the stub but I was outvoted by the other members who said that there was no action to affect and that if the stub was shuffled it would give the all-in player an unfair advantage by getting to see another card. What do you guys think???

Thanks!

korinkinchen

• View Profile
Re: Procedure Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 06:46:31 AM »
Cruise,

When moving to the next hand, the FIRST thing to consider is WHO IS NEXT FOR THE BIG BLIND. That person will ALWAYS be the next person SEATED to the previous BB's LEFT(IT WILL ALWAYS MOVE). After that consider the person who had the BB before.  If they busted out. NO SB.  The button is to the right of SB.  If no SB then previous SB is dealer.  We have this discussion over and over and over at our home game.

In the intrest of fairness, if there is a showdown on a hand and no further action will be involved, the cards, if dealt improperly, can be reconstructed to reflect the proper flop turn or river.
Kit