Author Topic: 3 Questions Regarding Layout  (Read 1900 times)

bmontana33

• View Profile
3 Questions Regarding Layout
« on: January 10, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
I’m new to this program and there is a lot of stuff to play around with. I’ve spent the past 1.5 weeks trying to do everything on my own, using this forum and the help manual to solve all my problems. Now I’m getting tired of banging my head against the wall and have 3 questions that I can’t seem to figure out (and I’m sure there are many more that I have not thought of yet).

Question 1:
I have set a different background for each screen that I created (Pre-Tourney, Odd Rounds, Even Rounds, Break 1, Break 2, Break 3, and End of Tourney). I have set the time for each picture 2 min (just for testing purposes, my normal rounds will be 15 min). When I start my fake tourney and run the pre-tourney screen, the background image doesn’t change at the same time as the screen switches to round 1.
For example: With 10 seconds left in pre-tourney screen, the background for round 1 comes up. Then the same thing happens with round 2 background coming up with 10 seconds left.

Is there a way to set the backgrounds so they transition at the same time as the screen transitions from pre-tourney, round 1, round 2, break 1…
Besides not flowing the way I would like, I could see times where I start the pre-tourney screen and set if for say 30 min, but if all the players arrive to my house and we are ready to start with there being 10 min left in the pre-tourney screen, I would like to be able to hit ctrl + n to advance to round 1, but I want the background for round 1 to come up at that time as well. Hope this makes sense:

Question 2:
During pre-tourney countdown, there is a large green box that flashes stating counting down to start of tourney. In the pre-tourney screen I have already written everything I want to see. How do I stop it from showing?

On similar lines, when I pause the screen anywhere in the tournament, a green box appears that states paused. I do I modify the paused display to match the colors and fonts of my layouts?

Question 3:
I did read a post similar to this question, but the explanations were over my head. Heads up, I’m not very familiar with html formatting. Anyways, on the end of tourney screen, I would like it to display ranks, player name, what round they went out on, winnings, and points for league. If there is an easy way to do this I’m all ears. I was lost, so I “borrowed” a formula from a layout that I uploaded off of this forum, hoping to modify it as needed. It got the job done, however, I still need help with spacing (explained below)

Formula:
<span style="height: 150px; width: 100%; overflow: false"><rankings showTimeOut="false" showRoundOut="true" showStillIn="False" showHitman="False" showHits="False" showwinnings="True" showPoints="True" showColumnTitles="True" max="10"></span>

It displays like this:
Rank Player Round Out Winnings Points
       1 Brian                      $1,680.00 4.00
       2 Ashley                2 $1,000.00 3.00
       3 Bob                    1 $$1,000.002.00
       4 Jeff                     1 $$400.00  1.00

How do I get the rank #’s, round out #’s, everything for that matter to center. Also, I wouldn’t mind a little more spacing between the title headings (rank, player, round out, winnings, points) Just a side not, I haven’t updated the prize % yet…but I think that’s pretty self explanatory…so I know those totals may look weird.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully the answers are simple fixes that I just haven’t come across or figured out yet.

bmontana33

• View Profile
Re: 3 Questions Regarding Layout
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:29:38 PM »
I just figured out the answer to question 2. The fix was under the preferences tab under, screen transitions. 2 more to go.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »
Question 1:
I have set a different background for each screen that I created (Pre-Tourney, Odd Rounds, Even Rounds, Break 1, Break 2, Break 3, and End of Tourney). I have set the time for each picture 2 min (just for testing purposes, my normal rounds will be 15 min). When I start my fake tourney and run the pre-tourney screen, the background image doesn’t change at the same time as the screen switches to round 1.
For example: With 10 seconds left in pre-tourney screen, the background for round 1 comes up. Then the same thing happens with round 2 background coming up with 10 seconds left.

Is there a way to set the backgrounds so they transition at the same time as the screen transitions from pre-tourney, round 1, round 2, break 1…
Besides not flowing the way I would like, I could see times where I start the pre-tourney screen and set if for say 30 min, but if all the players arrive to my house and we are ready to start with there being 10 min left in the pre-tourney screen, I would like to be able to hit ctrl + n to advance to round 1, but I want the background for round 1 to come up at that time as well. Hope this makes sense:

The screens and their backgrounds are inseparable, so I guess I'm not following what is happening.  Maybe you could post your layout and let us take a look?

Question 2:
During pre-tourney countdown, there is a large green box that flashes stating counting down to start of tourney. In the pre-tourney screen I have already written everything I want to see. How do I stop it from showing?

On similar lines, when I pause the screen anywhere in the tournament, a green box appears that states paused. I do I modify the paused display to match the colors and fonts of my layouts?

Sounds like you found this.  You can also quickly enable/disable this from a checkbox on the Controls tab.

Question 3:
I did read a post similar to this question, but the explanations were over my head. Heads up, I’m not very familiar with html formatting. Anyways, on the end of tourney screen, I would like it to display ranks, player name, what round they went out on, winnings, and points for league. If there is an easy way to do this I’m all ears. I was lost, so I “borrowed” a formula from a layout that I uploaded off of this forum, hoping to modify it as needed. It got the job done, however, I still need help with spacing (explained below)

Formula:
<span style="height: 150px; width: 100%; overflow: false"><rankings showTimeOut="false" showRoundOut="true" showStillIn="False" showHitman="False" showHits="False" showwinnings="True" showPoints="True" showColumnTitles="True" max="10"></span>

It displays like this:
Rank Player Round Out Winnings Points
       1 Brian                      $1,680.00 4.00
       2 Ashley                2 $1,000.00 3.00
       3 Bob                    1 $$1,000.002.00
       4 Jeff                     1 $$400.00  1.00

How do I get the rank #’s, round out #’s, everything for that matter to center. Also, I wouldn’t mind a little more spacing between the title headings (rank, player, round out, winnings, points) Just a side not, I haven’t updated the prize % yet…but I think that’s pretty self explanatory…so I know those totals may look weird.

Unfortunately there aren't any settings that allow you to modify the spacing, alignment, etc, of the items within the output of the <rankings> token, although that wouldn't be a bad thing to add.  The rank, round out, winnings, and points are all right-aligned because they are numbers, and that's the typical way numbers are aligned.

FYI: the <span> element surrounding the <rankings> token is an HTML element.  With the  style settings indicated, the span is pointless because it doesn't alter how the enclosed text is displayed.  Remove it and you'll see what I mean (the resulting display won't be any different).  But it looks like you want to limit the height of the <rankings> output to 150 pixels.  If that's the case, change the overflow value to "hidden" ("false" is not a valid value for the "overflow" style; valid values are "visible", "scroll", "hidden", and "auto").  That will limit the height of the <span> and crop it at 150 pixels high.

bmontana33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:10:24 PM »
Thanks for the response Correy. I exported the layout and I think I attached it as a zip file for you to look at. If it doesn't work, please let me know.

What was happening is...
I buy a few players into the tournament and then start the pre-tourney countdown. It displayed correctly with the pre-tourney background. I then hit ctrl + n to jump to next level after a minute instead of waiting for full pre-tourney countdown. Round 1 then starts, however the pre-tourney background still displays until the full time elapses that I set for the pre-tourney background (which is 10 minutes in the layout I attached.) Say I jumped to round 1 after only 1 minute had elapsed in pre-tourney countdown (there is still 9 minutes left for the pre-tourney background). So it takes 9 minutes into round 1 for my odd round background to display. Then since my rounds are 15 minutes, my odd round background stays into round 2 (even though the odd rounds display correctly, just not the odd round background) for 6 minutes, before my odd round background displays.

Now, after playing around on it all afternoon, what's happening is...
After buying in players and starting pre-tourney countdown, the pre-tourney background and screen displays. If I press ctrl + n to advance to next round, the clock adjusts to the next round, but nothing else from round 1 (my odd round set displays), the countdown for round 1 continues, while displaying the background screen and setup as the pre-tourney screen. If when I advanced to round 1 there were still 9 minutes left in the pre-tourney screen (since I set the pre-tourney background to 10 min), it takes 9 minutes into the countdown in what is the round 1 clock, before the odd round background and screen display...and that 9 minutes carries into round 2 and so on. Hopefully you can understand where my confusion is coming from. I would think that even if I jumped to the next round, or through a break, whatever round (whether it be odd or even) the correct background and screen would instantly be displayed. I don't know, maybe I added them wrong or didn't click on something. 

Also...
With the pre-tourney screen set to 10 minutes, I feel that it automatically changes in 10 minutes from loading the layout, even if I haven't started a pre-tourney countdown (I'm in the program trying to set things up). Nothing I do, short of locking the screen to the pretourney countdown prevents this. So if if it takes me roughly 1 minute to get to the point to start the pre-tourney countdown, the background for the pre-tourney screen has already elapsed by 1 minute. So if I let the pre-tourney countdown actually run for the full 10 minutes, at 1 minute left it switches to my odd round screen and background.

I know the last 2 paragraphs are seperate examples, just thought both explanations may help. I'm interested to see your response.

Again, thanks in advance.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »
The issue is that you have a single Screen Set with all of your Screens included in it, progressing at 10 or 15 minute intervals.  This will do exactly that: change screens at 10 or 15 minute intervals, regardless of what is happening in your tournament.  But you want it to respond to what is actually happening in your tournament, so you need to use multiple Screen Sets and apply conditions to those Screen Sets.

I've attached an updated version of your layout file that should behave that way you want it to.  Take a look at the Screen Sets and their Conditions to see what I'm talking about.

bmontana33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:37:01 PM »
Thanks Correy...it now works correctly. I figured it was something I was doing or in this case not doing. I never saw, until now, the coniditions box for the screen sets. Time to continue playing around with the program.