Main > Help Me

Latency

(1/13) > >>

Whiterhino:
Has anyone else noticed that the software fails to respond as quickly after a Windows 10 upgrade.

It doesn't do it in any other programme and also seems to be the same on my laptop.

I have to click several times with the mouse on most of the buttons and sometimes keystrokes are also ignored.

Forgive me if this is a known issue.

Corey Cooper:
It's a known issue in the sense that it has been reported only a very few times (maybe only once?) at this time (see http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5039.msg21468#msg21468).  Thanks for reporting it.  I honestly don't know what might be causing it at this time, but I don't think it's Windows 10.  The TD has been operating fine under Windows 10 for a long time now.  Could be another application, or possibly an update to Windows 10.

Proffanno:

--- Quote from: Whiterhino on January 20, 2016, 04:30:09 AM ---Has anyone else noticed that the software fails to respond as quickly after a Windows 10 upgrade.

It doesn't do it in any other programme and also seems to be the same on my laptop.

I have to click several times with the mouse on most of the buttons and sometimes keystrokes are also ignored.

Forgive me if this is a known issue.

--- End quote ---

Same problem here with my laptop. PC is working fine. Weird

CruiseLite:
So I'm NOT going crazy.... ;)

I too have noticed this anomaly since the last month or so.
Thought it was mouse batteries going dead or some driver issue, etc.
For me, it's like the mouse click is only partially accepted. Click on an item and it is depressed but the underlying process is not initiated. Click again then it completes.

At least now I'll just deal with it and not go to extremes to try and 'fix' it.

shushs:
I had/have the same issues CruiseLite. I will say that after installing more RAM into my computer, the problem appears far less often. I am not suggesting that you spend more money on RAM, but more RAM is always good, especially under windows. I wonder (and may actually test) trying to allocate a specific amount of memory for the TD software and see if that helps... Right now, I am stuck in SnowZilla 2016, so I may get to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version