Author Topic: Prizes  (Read 2760 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Prizes
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
I have hit so many weird things happen and this is one of them. I can't reproduce this on my laptop. Every so often (and I don't know what triggers this) TD inserts all my automatic prizes to the prize list. I had a problem previously where the prizes would revert back to the suggested amounts after making adjustments. I instructed my staff to then Create new prizes using fixed amounts. TD now creates new prizes on its own and displays all prizes at $0.00. My prizes now display two firsts, two seconds and so on and so on...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Prizes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 02:24:57 PM »
The Automatic Prizes feature won't disturb prizes that are Locked (those in your screenshot that have the padlock icon next to them).  So when something in the tournament happens that triggers the Automatic Prizes to update your prize list, it deletes all but the locked prizes and creates new prizes for the appropriate prize level.  It doesn't take into account prizes that already exist, meaning for example that it doesn't realize there's already a prize for 1st place (a locked prize).  It will create another one because a prize for 1st place is listed in the currently selected prize level.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »
What triggers the Automatic Prizes?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:17:46 PM »
There may be a few other places, but mostly transactions that occur: buying-in, busting-out, rebuying, adding-on, or the undo of any of those.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
I do recall busting out players aand seeing the prizes revert from their adjustments (until I started locking them). But why would busting players out trigger a change in prizes? I understand any action that adds or deducts from the prize fund..