Author Topic: League Points  (Read 1076 times)

Gordon260871

• View Profile
League Points
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:48:35 PM »
Hi i am looking to set up a league and award points for the buy in the hits and finish pace

Buy in 3 points
Hit 1 Point
1st - 15 points
2nd - 12 points
3rd - 10
4th - 8
3rd - 7
2nd - 6
1st - 5

I have been able to set the points awarded at the prizes  and that they add up at the end of the game i can check the players points but how do i start another game the week after and add the points from that game so i can check how the players are doing
I have added the players from my database to my league members

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: League Points
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »
As long as you're saving each tournament in its own file, you shouldn't have to do much.  Try pressing "Refresh Tourneys" (version 2) or "Refresh Stats" (version 3) on the Stats tab.  The user manual included with the software has full instructions for generating stats.  And I'm happy to help (as are many others) if you get stuck.

Gordon260871

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »
Hi Thanks Corey i am using Version 3 could you give me the formula that i have to put for the overall score as we play for 13 weeks and would like to keep upto date scores
tournament scores log((n + 1) / r)

overall scores 1 formula

Thanks
i am new to this and not to good with the formulas

Chhers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:15 PM »
The formula you've given for the Tournament Scores (log((n + 1) / r)) is the default Tournament Scores formula.  The corresponding default Overall Score formula is (1-exp(-average(scores))) * 100.  You can see this by pressing the "Edit Profiles" button on the Stats tab, selecting the Default profile, then clicking the "View" button in the "Create Overall Scores using formula:" section.

But, if you're just accumulating points, you don't need to provide any formulas.  The "Points" column on the Stats tab will sum each player's points automatically.