Author Topic: Lay outs  (Read 6918 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Lay outs
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:50 AM »
 Just spent  the last 2 weeks (while off work for the Xmas holidays) customising layouts. Never done any thing like this before and went to it it with a little trepidation. But thank God  for the reset button! :) and that TD is such an easy program to work with.
Have loads of things to learn yet. with items such as Banners, screen sets and global sets and much much more. But i have learnt a lot by down loading other layouts and seeing how they were made, gave me some good insight.
I have attached a copy of my layout. Colourful i know, but i think it grabs people attention.The font may seem to be on top of each other but it is projected onto a 10ft screen and looks really good, easily readable. Borrowed some images and gifs  that have been posted on the forum I hope no one minds.

A couple of things i would like to ask advice on
  • I would like to put an image on the tables on the seating chart page is this possible. Would i be able to use paint to do this and if it worked, what would i have to save it as ie file type etc.  
  • Secondly on the same image i want to reduce the size of font on the name of the table (Table 1) I would like to name the tables after league members/winners , but cant see how to do it , i tried to alter the font in the token, but to no avail
  • Thirdly, When you have a few prizes in a game to display that takes up a lot of room on the screen, is it possible to fit a scrolling banner ( going in from right to left) etc.  
Using TD2b4

Many thanks in advice for any suggestions
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 12:07:02 PM by Mahound »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Lay outs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:20 PM »
Manhound, I cannot speak for the first two, as I'm not that familiar myself, but if memory serves me right on the prizes, you would want to add the marquee or scroll html tag... Not sure if that's right or not, but, that's what I seem to recall from other posts looking for something like that.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »
using the paint might not work, paint does not have gif, it just saves as a pic,   2nd on the table tab you should be able edit the tables name, 3rd put this in front of your prizes <marquee> this will scroll the prizes across the screen, and your layout looks great     and your clock it shows hours it like this ( <clock alwaysShowHours="true" format="clock"> if you just use <clock> it takes the hours away leaving more space
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 01:31:59 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
A couple of things i would like to ask advice on
  • I would like to put an image on the tables on the seating chart page is this possible. Would i be able to use paint to do this and if it worked, what would i have to save it as ie file type etc.

If you're wanting to use images to represent tables, this is done using the table Blueprint feature.  This takes a little more intensive work to get right, if you want to create your own table images.  I would suggest reading the user manual for this.  Of course, if you just want to use one of the included blueprints, that's easy.  If you just want to use an image as a background on the table "boxes" that are displayed on the Seating Chart screen, that's easy, too.

• Secondly on the same image i want to reduce the size of font on the name of the table (Table 1) I would like to name the tables after league members/winners , but cant see how to do it , i tried to alter the font in the token, but to no avail

Naming a table is done on the Tables tab.  Changing the fonts is done via the Seating Chart screen properties (Properties button in the Screen section on the Layout tab, or right-click on the Seating Chart screen).  More detailed font changes can be done again by using Blueprints.

• Thirdly, When you have a few prizes in a game to display that takes up a lot of room on the screen, is it possible to fit a scrolling banner ( going in from right to left) etc. 

As already suggested, the HTML <marquee> element can do this for you.  Another way to do it would be using the <prizes> token itself.  It has attributes "rotate", "rotateMax", and "rotateDelay", which allows it to display a certain number of prizes at a time, and change the listing periodically.  Always use the "Insert Token" dialog when editing your tokens as it lists all tokens, the attributes of each token, and a description.  If you're editing a token already in the cell, use the mouse to highlight (or select) part of the token's text and then press "Insert Token".  The software will locate the entire token within the text, parse it, and jump directly to it with the appropriate attributes when the "Insert Token" dialog opens.

Using TD2b4

I hope the layout changes in 2.6 have made a difference.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
using the paint might not work, paint does not have gif, it just saves as a pic

For what it's worth, I used paint to crop a pic and it worked fine for me. Not sure how saved, but i know it was a compatable format.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
using the paint might not work, paint does not have gif, it just saves as a pic

For what it's worth, I used paint to crop a pic and it worked fine for me. Not sure how saved, but i know it was a compatable format.
???  A gifs is alittle diffent then a crop pic you can do more with a gifs    GIFS adds alittle more to your layouts ;)         That background he's using thats a GIFS background on my descktop  2007-8 td-layout 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:40:58 PM by TIMMER »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
Actually I think it depends on your version of Windows.  MSPaint on Windows 7 that I am using right now saves as BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »
Actually I think it depends on your version of Windows.  MSPaint on Windows 7 that I am using right now saves as BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
And that would be why (I guess) I'm able to do it - I get all sorts of pic files in emails from friends and family, and I use Win7, and I'm able to save it as those 5 formats. Guess that's what I get for not being specific, huh?  lol
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
Actually I think it depends on your version of Windows.  MSPaint on Windows 7 that I am using right now saves as BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
Wow MSPaint Version 6.0   I'd upgrade but I don't use it :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:51:40 PM by TIMMER »

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Manhound, I cannot speak for the first two, as I'm not that familiar myself, but if memory serves me right on the prizes, you would want to add the marquee or scroll html tag... Not sure if that's right or not, but, that's what I seem to recall from other posts looking for something like that.

This worked a treat, thanks

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »
using the paint might not work, paint does not have gif, it just saves as a pic,   2nd on the table tab you should be able edit the tables name, 3rd put this in front of your prizes <marquee> this will scroll the prizes across the screen, and your layout looks great     and your clock it shows hours it like this ( <clock alwaysShowHours="true" format="clock"> if you just use <clock> it takes the hours away leaving more space
great suggestion , thanks

Mahound

• View Profile
Re: Lay outs further clarification please
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
QUOTE Naming a table is done on the Tables tab.  Changing the fonts is done via the Seating Chart screen properties (Properties button in the Screen section on the Layout tab, or right-click on the Seating Chart screen).  More detailed font changes can be done again by using Blueprints. Quote

Still cant find how to alter the font size of the "Table 1" this is the text i would like to reduce" . Cant figure where it is to edit it. On the Lay out screen, i go to properties and select the "Seating Chart screen"  It has the header and footer section, which can be altered. and the only other fonts is the section for the tab for the fonts/colours and in there there is the "Table edge" and the "Table Body" I have tried altering these, but even if i alter these there is no change, that i can see.

The clock idea is great one to. Spent ages trying to see if i could lose the hours on it, cheers

Still haven't figured how to alter the picture of the table , but will get there soon i hope

Many thanks for all the advice. i appreciate it. I hope that there will come a time when i can offer some advice, instead of posting  for information all the time . again many thanks. No doubt i will be back on hear soon, asking for more help. cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
QUOTE Naming a table is done on the Tables tab.  Changing the fonts is done via the Seating Chart screen properties (Properties button in the Screen section on the Layout tab, or right-click on the Seating Chart screen).  More detailed font changes can be done again by using Blueprints. Quote

Still cant find how to alter the font size of the "Table 1" this is the text i would like to reduce" . Cant figure where it is to edit it. On the Lay out screen, i go to properties and select the "Seating Chart screen"  It has the header and footer section, which can be altered. and the only other fonts is the section for the tab for the fonts/colours and in there there is the "Table edge" and the "Table Body" I have tried altering these, but even if i alter these there is no change, that i can see.

For the standard, box-looking tables on the Seating Chart screen, the "Table Edge" font is what you want to modify.  If you are using a table blueprint, you'll have to modify the blueprint file.  You can't change things directly from the TD application.

For example, the RacetrackEightSeatTableBlueprintMedium.xml file:

<table>
  <image>
    <path>images/RacetrackTenSeatTableMedium.gif</path>
    <size width="550" height="250" />
  </image>
  <labels>
    <font name="Tahoma" size="13" bold="true" italic="true" shadow="true" />
    <text color="white" highlightColor="white" highlightBackgroundColor="blue" />
    <size width="160" height="22" />
    <options showSeatNumber="inuse" />
    <name>
      <location x="center" y="center" />
      <size width="225" height="50" />
      <font size="26" italic="false" />
      <text color="yellow" />
    </name>
    <unavailable>
      <text color="red" />
    </unavailable>
    <seat number="1">
      <location x="283" y="0" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="2">
      <text align="right" />
      <location x="377" y="64" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="3">
      <text align="right" />
      <location x="377" y="164" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="4">
      <location x="283" y="228" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="5">
      <location x="107" y="228" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="6">
      <text align="left" />
      <location x="12" y="164" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="7">
      <text align="left" />
      <location x="12" y="64" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="8">
      <location x="107" y="0" />
    </seat>
  </labels>
</table>

You would need to change the line in green above.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 01:18:11 PM »
Got you, thanks a lot C
[/quote]

For the standard, box-looking tables on the Seating Chart screen, the "Table Edge" font is what you want to modify.  If you are using a table blueprint, you'll have to modify the blueprint file.  You can't change things directly from the TD application.

For example, the RacetrackEightSeatTableBlueprintMedium.xml file:

<table>
  <image>
    <path>images/RacetrackTenSeatTableMedium.gif</path>
    <size width="550" height="250" />
  </image>
  <labels>
    <font name="Tahoma" size="13" bold="true" italic="true" shadow="true" />
    <text color="white" highlightColor="white" highlightBackgroundColor="blue" />
    <size width="160" height="22" />
    <options showSeatNumber="inuse" />
    <name>
      <location x="center" y="center" />
      <size width="225" height="50" />
      <font size="26" italic="false" />
      <text color="yellow" />
    </name>
    <unavailable>
      <text color="red" />
    </unavailable>
    <seat number="1">
      <location x="283" y="0" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="2">
      <text align="right" />
      <location x="377" y="64" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="3">
      <text align="right" />
      <location x="377" y="164" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="4">
      <location x="283" y="228" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="5">
      <location x="107" y="228" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="6">
      <text align="left" />
      <location x="12" y="164" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="7">
      <text align="left" />
      <location x="12" y="64" />
    </seat>
    <seat number="8">
      <location x="107" y="0" />
    </seat>
  </labels>
</table>

You would need to change the line in green above.
[/quote]

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 01:30:11 PM »
Corey, how do you get to the TD application,cant find it  I,d like to change fonts on the racetrack table