Author Topic: Adding a Winner window - plz help  (Read 2577 times)

731Loadmaster

• View Profile
Adding a Winner window - plz help
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »
I am looking to replace the clock with a "The Winner is:" window.  The window will be in the after tournament screen.  I have tried to use <winner> token...it doesnt work.  Is the a way to do this?  
I just need r=1 name imputed....but I cant make it work.  I can do prizes and winners together....but on this situation, I need the winner's name only.

Please help
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:29:29 PM by 731Loadmaster »

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Adding a Winner window - plz help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »
The following formula is used by myself to display 4 prizes at a time, scrolling through them:

<prizes orient="vertical" max="0" showAmounts="true" roundOff="true" showRecipients="true" rotate="true" rotateMax="4" rotateDelay="8">

Max 0 is display all prizes – so 6 would be first 6 etc, 1 would be 1st (providing it is 1st on your list of prizes)
Roundoff is to remove decimal places so false would display £80.35, true would display £80
Rotatemax is 4 prizes at a time
Delay is 8 seconds to move on to next 4 prizes

You can add additions lines of text like the following where <br> represents a new line of text:

Tournament Over <br>
Prizewinners: <br>
<br>
<prizes orient="vertical" max="0" showAmounts="true" roundOff="true" showRecipients="true" rotate="true" rotateMax="4" rotateDelay="8"> <br>
<br>

Hope this helps!
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:11:45 PM »
The closest I can think of to get to this off the top of my head is to use the <rankings> token.  Set all of the options to false, and "max" to 1.  You'll still get a "1" in front of the winner's name, unfortunately:

<rankings showTimeOut="false" showRoundOut="false" showStillIn="false" showHitman="false" showHits="false" showWinnings="false" showPoints="false" showColumnTitles="false" max="1">

Will display, for example:

1 Corey C

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »
In looking at this, Corey, would it be possible to keep "ShowStillIn" as true and leaving everything else as false, while leaving max at 0 or 1 if needed?

The closest I can think of to get to this off the top of my head is to use the <rankings> token.  Set all of the options to false, and "max" to 1.  You'll still get a "1" in front of the winner's name, unfortunately:

<rankings showTimeOut="false" showRoundOut="false" showStillIn="false" showHitman="false" showHits="false" showWinnings="false" showPoints="false" showColumnTitles="false" max="1">

Will display, for example:

1 Corey C

My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
Of course, those are valid parameters.  The list is sorted first by rank, second by name.  So players who are still in the tournament won't have a rank, and thus will be sorted by name.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:23 AM »
I was just having another think about this one.

If you used the Prizes orient token and changed the name of the 1st place prize to Winner or The Winner is etc that would then display instead of 1st Place and that would get round it.  You would obviously need to remove the text from your layout property and use it as a token instead, with prerequisite text required typed into your 1st prize display box.

Best Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray