Author Topic: Chiptalk.net Problem?  (Read 2904 times)

jimtsr

• View Profile
Chiptalk.net Problem?
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:57:17 AM »
Is anyone a member of chiptalk.net?  If so, would you be willing to get a message to the site administrators?

I had been a lurker on there for several years, but had never registered.  Well, I went to register a couple of days ago and discovered what I think may be a big problem with their site.... 

On the registration page, search pages and even pages that are intended for contacting the administrators, there is a requirement to enter a code which is provided in a "verification image".  The problem is that there is NO verification image showing.  I've tested on three computers and an ipad as well as three different browsers.  This has lead me to believe it is truly a problem with the chiptalk site rather than something on my end.

Making matters even worse, there is NO way to contact anyone there because there are no standard email addresses AND the support forum and admin emails are protected behind this anti-spam feature as well.  So, is it possible that MANY people are having the same problem who want to become members?

Anyway, if you are a member and would be willing to alert the admins to this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim Davis

Silver Owl

• View Profile
Re: Chiptalk.net Problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 05:56:51 AM »
I sent them a message.

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
Thanks a million Silver Owl!

Jim Davis

jimtsr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
Just a quick update.  It looks like ChipTalk fixed the problem.  I was able to register as a new member today.

Thanks so much for your help in letting them know about this!

Jim

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »
You are welcome, glad it got fixed.