Author Topic: Tournament Director for Cashgames :)  (Read 3166 times)

It762

• View Profile
Tournament Director for Cashgames :)
« on: June 22, 2017, 09:12:47 AM »
Hi there!

I was looking for a spreadsheet to use for our friendly cashgame we sometimes play.
So far I havn't come up with something. And I thought, why not track it with the Tournament Director :)
As workaround I just setup a single round and track "rebuys" from players and bust outs.
At the end I would have a nice set of calculated statistics and can build a nice formula around it.

I noticed some issues during the setup:
- since the Chip values are <1 I cannot enter them in the Chipset/Chip configuration. I just see value 0$ on the screen.
- It seems that the preferences mixed up the fields "decimal comma" and "decimal point".

Suggestion: Maybe add a cashgame director mode for people that want to track their stats more easily there.

And I just noticed a small problem with my whole idea: Entering the winnings each player had seems not doable in the prize tab. I thought with manual entry I could assign a prize to a player, but I could not figure out how to do that :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:22:24 AM by It762 »

It762

• View Profile
Re: Tournament Director for Cashgames :)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »
Figured out how to override prizes. One issue though: override amount 0 does not work. Field can be entered but the tournament director does not calculate with it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Director for Cashgames :)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »
I noticed some issues during the setup:
- since the Chip values are <1 I cannot enter them in the Chipset/Chip configuration. I just see value 0$ on the screen.

Preferences tab -> Currency / Numbers category -> uncheck Use whole numbers for chip values

And I just noticed a small problem with my whole idea: Entering the winnings each player had seems not doable in the prize tab. I thought with manual entry I could assign a prize to a player, but I could not figure out how to do that

I think you figured this out with your followup post, but overriding the recipient is the answer.

One issue though: override amount 0 does not work. Field can be entered but the tournament director does not calculate with it.

Yep, the override value is only considered if it is non-zero.  That's how it was designed.  Otherwise it would have needed a flag to indicate the value was overridden and also the overriding value.  By using a single value and assuming non-zero, both were combined into one.  This was probably done because it was assumed you would never want to override a prize value and make it $0.