Author Topic: File description  (Read 1915 times)

ManonHc

• View Profile
File description
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

I looked for same topic but couldn't find it.  Can somebody tell me how I can find description file. I explain myself; I'd like to use informations from tournament etc to export into my website. For that I think I'll need the structure of the files. I might be wrong so if somebody has an idea...

thanks !!

Manon

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: File description
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:43:47 AM »
The Tournament Director application uses a proprietary file format.  It's basically ECMAscript with a lot of custom objects.  There's no documentation on it.  Sorry.

Any reason you can't use one of the existing export formats? (Game tab -> Export button)

ManonHc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
Well I actually try to have live information directly taken in TD. I see I can export with HTML for example so that's fine but I have to export myself. I'd like to know if there is a way to export every x second the html page. thx

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
There is, actually.  Well, kind of.  On the Preferences tab, select the "Status Updates" category.  The TD can send the current tournament status either to a URL or to a file, at the frequency you specify.  The status is not that complete at the moment, but there are plans to add more information to it.  I just haven't gotten to it, yet.