Author Topic: League Standings  (Read 2339 times)

efdenny

• View Profile
League Standings
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
Is there a way to create a screen that displays updated stats for a season (assuming the correct profile has been created) at the end of a tournament?  The first thing players want to know after the tournament is where they are in the standings, and care less about the player rankings for that single tournament... just curious if this is possible?  Right now, I just refresh the stats and display from the settings window.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: League Standings
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »
Right now, that's the only way that I am aware of.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:00:02 PM »
A <stats> token is on the to-do list.  I'd like to get it into the upcoming 3.2 release, but I don't know yet if it will make it.

You can also display stats this way:

1) Create a cell with HTML like this:

<iframe src="<datastore>\saves\currentStandings.html" height=1600 width=1200 frameborder=0 scrolling=yes></iframe>

Change the height and width to match your screen resolution ... or close to it.

2) Insert the cell into a new screen in your layout.  You could add this to a Screen Set and set the Screen Set's conditions to display the screen after the tournament is over.  Or, you can simply select the screen after the tournament ends.

3) After the tournament ends, Refresh Stats on the Stats tab.

4) Export the stats to HTML and save them to a file named "currentStandings.html".

5) Select the screen with the stats cell.  Or, if it's already displayed, refresh it by viewing a different page then going back to that page.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »
Great idea, Corey!  I'll try that for the next one...

A <stats> token is on the to-do list.  I'd like to get it into the upcoming 3.2 release, but I don't know yet if it will make it.

You can also display stats this way:

1) Create a cell with HTML like this:

<iframe src="<datastore>\saves\currentStandings.html" height=1600 width=1200 frameborder=0 scrolling=yes></iframe>

Change the height and width to match your screen resolution ... or close to it.

2) Insert the cell into a new screen in your layout.  You could add this to a Screen Set and set the Screen Set's conditions to display the screen after the tournament is over.  Or, you can simply select the screen after the tournament ends.

3) After the tournament ends, Refresh Stats on the Stats tab.

4) Export the stats to HTML and save them to a file named "currentStandings.html".

5) Select the screen with the stats cell.  Or, if it's already displayed, refresh it by viewing a different page then going back to that page.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »
Did the <stats> token make it into the latest 3.2 beta?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 11:15:04 PM »
Sorry, it didn't.  I've finished 3.2 and I'm only working on completing the user manual at this time.  The last beta is solid, and I don't want to change anything and chance introducing any issues.  But I always get antsy to write code, so you never know what might make it in before I finish that user manual...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
OK, now it made it.  It's basic, and just shows what you see on the Stats tab, with options for fonts/colors and for limiting the number of players, but it does show the statistics.

See?  This is why the user manual never gets finished.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »
I'm sure that if you were to ask, there would be some of us that would be willing to work on it, or at least on parts of it.... *coughs*   ;)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »
hahahahaha... You're awesome, Corey!  Thanks!

OK, now it made it.  It's basic, and just shows what you see on the Stats tab, with options for fonts/colors and for limiting the number of players, but it does show the statistics.

See?  This is why the user manual never gets finished.