Author Topic: Cell contents  (Read 1853 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Cell contents
« on: September 24, 2010, 04:13:19 PM »
When double clicking on a cell for its properties, the "Contents" preview pane does not display the entire contents of my cell. Can you set it set it so that I can view the contents (as much as possible) without having to open up the contents?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 04:34:26 PM by jodybingo »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cell contents
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
You mean your cell contents (HTML) are too large for the "Contents" preview area?  That's kind of the point .. the preview area is of a fixed size to fit into the (already pretty cluttered) dialog.  It's supposed to just give you a preview of what the contents are - and you click to view the full contents in another window.

The options would be to make the preview area bigger or add scrollbars.  Making it bigger is really only a partial solution, since it will make previewing the contents better for some contents, but there will still be some that don't fit.  Adding scrollbars would make it entirely viewable, but a little annoying and add more clutter.  Plus, if you've got to scroll, you might as well just click it to see the full contents.

I'm reluctant to change any of this right now, but I want to make it as usable as possible.  The size could be larger, but probably not too much.  The dialog is pretty big as it is, and is approaching the max size (if I consider 1024x768 the minimum screen size).  We've got about 100 to 150 pixels to work with vertically.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Cell contents
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »
I was hoping the text would wrap onto a second line in the preview pane. The size of the preview pane is fine. Some of my cells have plenty of html and I can only see the first 20 or 25 characters.