Author Topic: What's Missing  (Read 7853 times)

Bixby

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
Re: What's Missing
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 11:59:53 PM »
I agree that this is a real life management issue and not a software issue. I only run two table at my house and they are a max of 8 players each. I send out a game notice via email at least three days before a game and the 16 seats go to the first sixteen respondents. It works very well and if we have a no show, the players chips get blinded out and that player realizes they have to make good for the $30 entry. I have yet to be stiffed and all of our games start on time. Most players do not like the idea of their chips being blinded in so attendance is generally prompt.

A good league or house rule can really set the stage to allow for prompt starts.
-Matt
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Jarmy

• Maybe poker's not your game.....
    • View Profile
Re: What's Missing
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 10:44:57 AM »
I think all "home" tournaments have the same problems with several people being late every week.  It really isn't fair for the masses to have to wait for a few that always come in late.  We fixed the problem by announcing all players that were present and bought in by 7:45 for our 8:00 tournament would receive an extra $500 in chips (meaning you would start with $2500 rather than $2000 just for being on time).  Amazingly........this fixed our problem almost immediately.  We still have a few (very few) that drag in late, but 95% now show up on time.  We also allow call ins, but if they don't show, then they have to pay that buy in amount the next week (along with the current week buy in) or they are not allowed to play.