Author Topic: Final Table  (Read 2502 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Final Table
« on: November 08, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »
Can an option be put into TD for a final table. A table name can be given to TD (example: Final Table) and when we reach the number of players required for a final table TD would move create the new table, move all players to that table and close all other tables *Undo button would still be available.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Final Table
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
I like the idea, cardroomMAGIC allows a final table redraw with the circular FT picture below, I have TD set-up as below to be similar

Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:50:19 PM »
I like the idea, cardroomMAGIC allows a final table redraw with the circular FT picture below, I have TD set-up as below to be similar

Of course, you can use a table image for this today.  If you've got the image, you can create a blueprint (I can help) to achieve the same type of thing.

Can an option be put into TD for a final table. A table name can be given to TD (example: Final Table) and when we reach the number of players required for a final table TD would move create the new table, move all players to that table and close all other tables *Undo button would still be available.

And the Collapse Order feature on the Tables tab will accomplish this, aside from creating a new table.  Are you not using an existing table?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 03:15:59 PM »
No, we have a special table in our club just for the final table. I use a table image (an arial image of my final table). Thought it would be nice to have it automated. OH, I do use the collapse order feature and it does work, however when I display the seating chart (showing my table image) it displays the other 2 tables that the players were seated at previously. If I am not paying full attention to my game window I walk away from the computer not realizing the screens are showing 2 empty tables and one full. I look a bit disorganized when this happens and the players that look for reasons to laugh at me have one (I then give them a 90 minute penalty hehe).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »
What about unchecking Show empty tables on the Seating Chart properties?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
With Show Empty Tables unchecked the Seating Chart screen shows all tables including empty ones.

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »
Hi Jody,

Not sure if this will work in your situation, but I also use a new table as the "final table". I just run home tournaments so I often borrow tables from friends. I have created accurate imagines of all tables that are used. 

I update the image / picture associated with the "final table" by triggering an event called "alter seating chart". This event launches a program called rename table chart.bat. The batch file is real simple and looks like this -

==
rename "RacetrackTenSeat_red.xml" "RacetrackTenSeat_red_OLD.xml"
rename "Final_table_image.xml" "RacetrackTenSeat_red.xml"
td.exe
==

So basically I'm just altering the image (from my regular card room) associated with the last table in the collapse order to become the image of the table (in my "final table' room. )

So I suppose the challenge will be determining when to best trigger the event. In my case it is no problem because I only display the image based seating chart on two occasions -- pre-game and when the final table has been reached. I simply select an arbitrary clock-tick in the first round and trigger it then.

I suspect you may need something a little more complex to meet your needs, but thought I'd share.
Thanks,
Beaker

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
With Show Empty Tables unchecked the Seating Chart screen shows all tables including empty ones.

Well that would be a bug if so.  But I don't see this.  If "Show Empty Tables" is unchecked, I don't a table unless someone is seated at said table.  Are you sure about this?