Author Topic: right click menu  (Read 1871 times)

jesbal

• View Profile
right click menu
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »
when i right click dialouge box opens but can't change anything. uninstalled shut down all security firewalls etc.. no change. older version had no problems. any help?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: right click menu
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
The context-menu code hasn't changed in any significant way since version 2.0, so it's unlikely (although not impossible) that's the cause.  The following fixed the same issue for another person very recently:

(1) Make sure the TD is not running
(2) Open Internet Explorer
(3) Select Internet Options from the Tools menu
(4) Select the Advanced tab
(5) Near the bottom, press the "Reset" button
(6) Try the TD again

Hardstyler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:16:30 PM »
I´ve got the same problem with the right click menu.

Tried your tip but it did not work. Deinstalled TD2 and IE 9 and tried with IE 8 but it did not work. Any suggestion what i can do? I´m using Windows Vista SP2 32bit. TD2 worked till March or end of February 2011, after an Windows Update, I had the Problem with the right click menu.

I´m from Germany so my english is not really perfect.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Unfortunately I do not.  I use the software regularly on Windows XP, Vista, and 7, with different versions of IE and Windows kept up-to-date - I still have not been able to duplicate this issue.  I am aware of only 3 people who have experienced this, meaning that it's a very, very rare issue ... but it is definitely an issue.  I will post something or release a fix if I figure this one out.  It's possible it's a Windows update that you only get if you have certain software installed (like Office, for example, although my PCs have Office installed), or for specific languages/regions.  At this point I just don't know.

Jonny5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
I haven't used the software since last year.  I opened it up, did the update and I cannot right click on the blind schedule. (Probably other places too).  I am trying to add and edit a few blind levels and I'm stuck.  I tried resetting IE, did not work.  I uninstalled IE8 and reinstalled 7... did not work, re-updated to IE8, no go.  I am using XP-Pro with IE8 and all updates.

I had to install the 30 day trial at work, edit the blinds to my liking and then put it back in the laptop at home... but if I want to make any changes on the day of the tourney... I'm screwed.

Any more thoughts?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »
Open the following page using Internet Explorer:

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/context-menu-test/1.html

Follow the instructions (just right-click here and there) and tell me what you find.

Do you see the green "context menu" pop up?  Does the counter increase?

Jonny5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »
The green window DOES come up. The counter DOES increase.

Jonny5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 01:55:25 AM »
I should clarify.  When I right click on the blind schedule, the menu comes up. Edit Round 1, delete round 1 etc... but I can't click on any of the choices... it does nothing.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
Ahh... I think I knew that already but forgot.  Well, unfortunately I haven't come across a solution to this issue, because frankly I don't know what is causing it and have not been able to replicate it.  I did add the ability to navigate the context menu using cursor keys and the Enter key in the next version.  I hope that will help lessen the impact of this issue.