Author Topic: Extended display and double up of players & Tourny results?  (Read 2415 times)

Radium

• View Profile
When I use the extended display and want to bust a player out, How do I do that in the settings window? Cause pushing X doesn't work unless I click on the Tournament button and then move the mouse over to the extended and take the player out on the Main Screen which I find hard to do as I have to look up at the TV and try and make sure I'm taking out the right player.?

My double up problem is that I have created a League which is cool, but when I go to add players and I choose from the all players tab it shows double ups of everybody, If I just click on the League  it's right. What have I done wrong?

Also can I print out just results of each tournament, I'm using the points for Playing and it's working brilliantly, but would just like to have the results printed for each game? Maybe I have over looked this.

Thanks

DragonII

• View Profile
Re: Extended display and double up of players & Tourny results?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:29:52 AM »
When u have the "game" screen on extended monitor (2nd monitor), u can have the control screen on main window. (Use tab "control") and click on Bust-out/add player and more there.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »
The double up issue:
sounds like you have your players in different leagues. Go to your Database tab and it will probably confirm that you have two entries for each name... If you have two entries for each name then it means that past tournaments, the names of the players were added in wrong. To fix you will want to merge these two "identities" into one. The only way I know how is to open up each previously completed tournament, go to players tab and if the player's name is italicized you will have an option to Merge from the left hand menu. When you click the Merge button you will have a window that will show all the italicized names on the left and a random name on the right. Click on the name on the right to choose who that person is (it will be the double name). If a second name is not there and the name in the tournament is still italicized then you have to add that person to your database which is done from the button right below the Merge button.
***note to Cory, it used to be that you could merge names from the database tab which I find way easier to do... is it possible to revert back to this form?

Your last question, maybe try this and see if that is what you want: on the first tab, the Game tab, open up the tournament you want and the click the export button. You will have an option on what format you want to export. You will also have options of what information you want in your report. I usually export to HTML and then upload to webpage, but it will save the HTML file on your computer, use browser to open it up and print from browser... here is an example of what you get when you export (minus the background and the title logo): http://members.shaw.ca/phaze/season%202%20tourny%209.html

badbeat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »
The alternative way to print a result is via the stats tab, again export to html and your option for information included is up to you. Using the stats option means you can filter tourneys and print league standings if you want.

Phaze has hit the double up problem on the head. It's time consuming if you've got a lot of tourneys/players to merge,but once you've caught up, all becomes a lot easier.

Never used an extended display, but try adjusting the settings in the "extended display" options, under the preferences tab, to see if anything helps. I'm sure Corey will help when he gets chance though.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:52:17 AM »
As DragonII said, use the Controls tab.  The hotkeys that work from the Game Window (when the Settings Window is closed) also work when the Settings Window is open and the Controls tab is displayed.  They DON'T work on other tabs because they could interfere with other input to the program.

Phaze: there was never a Merge button/feature on the Database tab.  Now, I *have* considered a merge feature whereby two database players could be merged into one.  The logic is simple: One of the players would be deleted, and the other player would have multiple internal IDs (he would keep his original ID and also gain the ID of the deleted player).  This would mean that even though a player has a different internal ID in two different tournament files, they would still be identified as the same database player.  Much easier than going through each tournament file and merging the players (if you have a lot of tournament files).  But there is a lot more coding under the hood to make this work, and it just doesn't happen often enough to justify the work (relative to other stuff to be done with the software).   Yet.

FYI Radium: using the latest version of the software, you can print directly from the "Export" feature on the Game tab.  I've been slowing adding the print capability to various parts of the software as releases are done.  Haven't gotten to the Stats export yet, but will eventually...

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:20:59 PM »
I thought there was one before, but didn't really need it until I was letting some other people set up the tourny while I was running a bit late and wouldn't ya know it, they f*****d it up every time... that and they would save the tourny as the template I used so I would have to reset the freakin template again, but that was another issue, on another thread  :-\ ;) ;D

Radium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:30:43 AM »
Hi Guys thanks for your reply.

Phaze I opened up the previous tournaments and in the players tab none of the names are italicized??
When I click on the database tab it shows some names in red but they don't relate to the double up names

BTW Phaze, I love your html results link. Very impressive.

Oh the Controls tab!! sorry had forgotten all about even having that tab. Thanks guys!!

I do have the latest version, so I will try the export feature for to print the tourny results.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:51:37 AM by Radium »

Radium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 04:57:29 AM »
I sorted it I just deleted the player that were listed as not in a league.
Seems to have worked thanks guys

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
the problem maybe with deleted the person is that somewhere they were in a tourny and now they are not counted for. If you need the player points then the results will not be complete... we had this problem in our last season where we had 3 daves, but only 2 daves in the tournaments... got rather confusing.

Go back through your tournaments and see if the names are italicized now... if so proceed with the instructions...

Radium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 03:13:26 AM »
Thanks, But have checked the Stats and Tornaments and it has corrected the problem leaving the league points in tact. Thanx