Author Topic: Play Pandora Radio during the break  (Read 3213 times)

Keith_Huggins

• View Profile
Play Pandora Radio during the break
« on: June 07, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
I have seen where some have incorperated ESPN live scores etc into their layouts.

I would like to have the pandora radio station www.pandora.com site come up. Currently since my login is cached if i open the website it will start playing the music. Is there a way to create a cell that opens the page so that the music starts playing...

I think that will be easy enough... i can probably either hide or make the cell so small its not even visible.

But the next question is, when the break ends and the next round starts will the music stop, (close the IE connection)?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Play Pandora Radio during the break
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
I don't listen to Pandora all that much, so I'm not real familiar.  A google search doesn't reveal any standard techniques for embedding.  But you could simply use an iframe, I think.  And like you said, once you've logged in using IE your login should be cached, so a visit to http://www.pandora.com should just start playing your station, or you could always use a direct link to a particular station.

<iframe src="http://www.pandora.com"></iframe>

Having said that, I have't had any luck getting it to work.  Given that it uses a lot of scripting and HTML, and apparently not Flash, it's quite possible it just won't work with the TD, even in an iframe.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »
And to answer your other question, should you get it to work, as long as the cell displaying Pandora (even if it is tiny or hidden) is on the Game window, it should continue playing.  Any screen change (such as to a built-in screen or even to another screen that has the same Pandora cell on it) would cause it to quit and restart.

LionPokerClub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »
Say you use an iFrame for a break - where would you embed it?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:42 AM »
You should be able to place it into any cell within the screen layout.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!