Author Topic: Change Chop default values?  (Read 5431 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Change Chop default values?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »
I see.  Unfortunately I can't think of a way to work around this...

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »
Is it possibly for us to manually enter players actual ranks in the adjust ranking screens?

I know it's not now but can this be added?

For example. (to be difficult)

We had a heads up tournament with 20 players. As you know we rank the top 9 as a final table and the rest as "Did Not Place"

Now with their being brackets etc, we easily got our top 8.

So the rest were ranked DNP.

Now we have 8, we play single elimination.. so the next 4 out are all equally ranked 8.

Then we play top 4, 2 winners play for 1st/2nd while the 2 losers play for 3rd/4th.

So my rankings would be..

10... repeats.

What I did was chop them all, and move the top 8 up out of chop in order.. but this gives me close results but not perfect. So I manually edited the XML.

Resulting in this.. http://www.satellitepoker.com.au/09/index.php?option=com_poker&view=event&event_id=32&Itemid=107

So ideally if we could enter an actually rank for each at any stage.. would be perfect. I guess i'd then just do the chop, move some up, manually edit whats required.

What do you think Corey?
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
To be brutally honest, I think it's a bit of work that will be helpful to exactly one user of the software.  I do understand how this would be helpful to you, but it would add a certain amount of complexity to both the code (which wouldn't affect other users), and to the user interface (which might affect ALL other users).

I will put a note to look into completely overriding a player's rank.  This might be doable, but there are issues on how it might affect a chop, at the very least.

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
Thats fair enough mate.

I may look at making something that can edit the XML easily after its been exported.

That would be another way around my issue.

Cheers.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:36 AM »
There are plenty of free XML editors out there.  The only editor I'm familiar with is XML Spy, but that's a lot more than you need and pretty expensive (it isn't really meant for the single "home" user).

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 05:06:30 PM »
I have been using dreamweaver for a while to edit them as required. I'll look into something a little less complex, as I wouldnt mind a few others being able to easily edit too.

Thanks for your ongoing support too Corey.