Author Topic: Venturing Out some...  (Read 2304 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Venturing Out some...
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:27:56 AM »
For those who may be wondering... I'm downloading Win8 consumer preview(which comes with IE10) and right now it's testing compatibility... Hoping TD will be (don't think there'd be an issue). However, once I see what happens, I'll post a reply.

(Note - I'm not d/l onto main laptop, but the spare, so, take it for what it's worth)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Venturing Out some...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
Let us know how it goes.

I guess I should do this, too.  :)

Not real excited about the new Windows 8 interface.  Looks great for phones a tablets.  Can't imagine what Microsoft is thinking trying to put it on a desktop.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:56:02 AM »
I agree, definitely looks geared more towards tablets and the such... It didn't install IE10 - kept all my settings from Win 7. IE doesn't seem as stable on Win8 as it is on Win7. Once I finally got my laptop to finish the install process overnight (because it is that old, and shut off a couple of times on me), I did a test run with all of my ~ 150 players in my database. Worked great - no errors popped up, screens all stayed normal. Only difference is that the check boxes look slightly different.  Exported file looks just like it has, so at least that's working :)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:52 PM »
Great to know.  I'm sure something will happen between now and actual release of Windows 8 to break the TD, or otherwise make things fun for me.  :)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »
*knocks on wood* perhaps Microsoft will get something right and not muck things up for you   :D
---