Author Topic: Not so typical question pertaining to exporting  (Read 3975 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Not so typical question pertaining to exporting
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
Corey (or anyone else that knows),

The site that I'm presently using to host my leaderboard online doesn't allow me to directly post the exported html files as something that's viewable - just something that the members may download. I'm presently in talks with someone to see if there's some sort of workaround, so that the html file is viewable as a webpage instead of d/l it, and got asked the following question:

strictly HTML or do you have little hidden surprises like CSS or flash or javascript in there as well?

there ARE codes that will let the admin insert some HTML into a post. but letting any member do it opens up a lot of security problems.

To that, I answered that I believed it was strictly html, though I wasn't sure and would check here and report back there.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not so typical question pertaining to exporting
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »
The site that I'm presently using to host my leaderboard online doesn't allow me to directly post the exported html files as something that's viewable - just something that the members may download. I'm presently in talks with someone to see if there's some sort of workaround, so that the html file is viewable as a webpage instead of d/l it, and got asked the following question:

That is ... uhm ... strange.  Frankly, if it is security they are concerned with, this is more dangerous than the alternative.

strictly HTML or do you have little hidden surprises like CSS or flash or javascript in there as well?

there ARE codes that will let the admin insert some HTML into a post. but letting any member do it opens up a lot of security problems.

To that, I answered that I believed it was strictly html, though I wasn't sure and would check here and report back there.

Depends on what you're exporting, and more specifically what is in the export's template file.  Most of the templates have CSS in them.  Which is harmless.  Some have Javascript.  For example, the Players export has Javascript to facilitate the ability to dynamically sort the columns.

Of course, you can remove any of that you want.  Remove everything between the <style> and </style> elements to remove the CSS, and everything between the <script> and </script> elements to remove the Javascript.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »

That is ... uhm ... strange.  Frankly, if it is security they are concerned with, this is more dangerous than the alternative.

It's more that they're concerned with malicious code being put in and causing issues with boards that use it, which I know from using the software as long as I have, that we don't need to worry about that.

Depends on what you're exporting, and more specifically what is in the export's template file.  Most of the templates have CSS in them.  Which is harmless.  Some have Javascript.  For example, the Players export has Javascript to facilitate the ability to dynamically sort the columns.

Of course, you can remove any of that you want.  Remove everything between the <style> and </style> elements to remove the CSS, and everything between the <script> and </script> elements to remove the Javascript.

What I'm exporting is the results via html on the game tab, and then the season point totals from the stats tab. By removing, I'm assuming you're talking about the files contained within the xml files? If not, then where?
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »
What I'm exporting is the results via html on the game tab, and then the season point totals from the stats tab. By removing, I'm assuming you're talking about the files contained within the xml files? If not, then where?

The Game tab HTML export uses the file "templates\TournamentExport.html" as a template, and the Stats tab HTML export uses the file "templates\StatsExport.html" as a template (you can see, and modify, these on the Preferences tab -> Config Files dialog, Export Templates section).

If you look in those files, you'll see the <style> and <script> sections I'm referring to.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »
Sounds good - thanks!
---

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »
UPDATE

To those that are concerned: If any of you use ProBoards to show exported files as attachments, I figured out a way to make it look similar to the exported file. Using notepad as the editor, and working from the bottom line back up, delete the comments (lines that start with // ), and backspace so that there are no line breaks. Turn off word wrap, and you'll see the wrapping stop, to a point. It will still seem like it's wrapping, but it's really not. Once that was done, I copied the edited file, created a new thread, placed [ HTML ] at the start (w/o spacing), then pasted the coding. The result? http://cliffhangerspoker.com/index.cgi?board=fallwinter&action=display&thread=28.

Reply if you can't see it - though settings should allow it to be viewed w/o logging in. I'll provide a log in for you to be able to view.
---

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »
If you are still interested our Joomla Component may be of use to you.

You can export directly from TD and import into the backend of Joomla and show a list of previous tournaments, results, leaderboard etc.

Here's a demo

That's if you are able to use Joomla of course.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
Perhaps once I have more money to spend, I might be interested. For now, however, Proboards work. Bit of extra work since I need to tweak the coding some, but it's worth it.

I'll definitely keep Joomla in mind once I start having some extra money. Thanks, Johno :)
---