Author Topic: Muting Media Player (by -20dB) on Event sound playback  (Read 1858 times)

William

• View Profile
Muting Media Player (by -20dB) on Event sound playback
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »
Hiya fellas,

This is my first post. Just bought the program and've been fiddling with it a bit :)

I was thinking about using Windows Media Player to play music during the game, and am using voices/jingles to play at certain events. What would be great is if the program could mute WMP when it plays a soundclip so the background music doesn't interfere with the jingles / voices / sounds.

Grtz,

William

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Muting Media Player (by -20dB) on Event sound playback
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
In a former life I was a DJ and so sound is a big thing for me... Here is what I do, without fiddling with the inner workings of the program:

First you will want to turn your media player down to 30% then crank the volume of your speakers till you get the level you want... on the events tab make sure your volume control is on 100%

Now your TD sounds should be louder than your music playing

TIPS:

make sure your master volume for computer and speakers are way up

keep in mind that if you have sound files they may be recorded in a lower volume, and there isn't much you can really do about that

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Muting Media Player (by -20dB) on Event sound playback
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
I think it's a good idea, and it is actually already on the to-do list.  But frankly, it qualifies more as "fluff" than anything else, so as such, it's not very high in priority.