Author Topic: New Format For HTML Export  (Read 3301 times)

thegooser

• View Profile
New Format For HTML Export
« on: October 08, 2009, 11:03:06 AM »
I think that this would be a great feature which would allow people with no website designing knowledge to have some really nice and elaborite websites for their poker leagues and clubs.

At the moment after a game, I press "export to html". I then have to alter it with Dreamweaver so that I can copy and paste it into Wordpress. My wordpress theme is then set up to handle the information and display it in an ordered fashion.

Basically, with a few alterations to the format of an exported page, people can use wordpress to run their poker club websites. I don't mind volentearing my time to create or modify themes suited to the TD software users, so this could be really useful to people.

I don't know anything about how TD works or how it exports stuff, and I don't even know if it is possible to do. But if it can be set to export the html slightly differently, then this would be really usefull.

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: New Format For HTML Export
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 06:50:45 AM »
I like this idea

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »
Define "slightly differently".

thegooser

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
Right now it comes out as a html web page. To be easily copy and pasted into wordpress it needs to be just the html tables.

What I do to it is:
  • strip the css and styling out of the top of the page
  • Align the two tables to the centre
  • Align the text to the centre in each of the boxes. (I don't know if there is an easy way to do this but it isn't as important as the rest)

The css tags attached to the different areas of the boxes go into the wordpress css so leaving them in would mean that the boxes would be styled to suit the theme.

If it could be done for the stats page as well then the league tables could be copied straight into a wordpress post or page and displayed nicely too.

So in summary... if one could export as html tables instead to html web pages, the themes could be set up to handle the info with a simple copy and paste.

This could then be extended to very complex websites to handle multiple leagues and tournaments, with all the features of a comunity website, even if the user has very little knowledge of building websites. 

thegooser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
oh... and if you could remove the Sum and AVG colums from the bottom of the stats table then that would be great.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
You can edit the template that is used to generate the HTML page.  The TD only fills in specific tokens in the file, much like is done on the Tournament page with the layout.  So, if you don't want all of the surrounding HTML, just edit the template and remove it.  You can edit the template that comes with the software, or you can create your own and point the software to your template.  This is done on the Preferences tab (Config Files button).

And the option to remove the sums and averages is on the list.  Hopefully will get to it sometime during the beta, which I hope to start pretty soon.

Gruffse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 04:40:53 AM »
As Corey points out: You can remove HTML page tags and only get the HTML table in the export template.

I do this on our site. (I made a custom export template)
I have added the css tags TD uses to my css document for our web page.

So all I do now is copy & paste from the exported file and in to my CMS (joomla)

If i want to change the look/template on our web pages, I only change the css document and all the tables will reflect the changes, even the old ones.
Personally I think the existing method works perfectly.

An option to remove the Sum and AVG from the bottom would be welcome however...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:42:51 AM by Gruffse »