Author Topic: Heads up changing blind levels  (Read 1669 times)

Sneds

• View Profile
Heads up changing blind levels
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:49:22 AM »
Hi there, I want my TD to automatically change all future blind levels to 5 minutes as soon as we get down to 2 players, is this possible?

Also (while I'm here) I'm running a league and somebody accidently saved a new game over one of my league games. Now TD won't calculate the league properly, is there anyway to sort this?

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Heads up changing blind levels
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:34:19 AM »
There is no way to automatically change the blinds schedule.  You'll have to do it manually when you get down to 2 players.  But you can quickly change the duration of every round with the "Set All Times" button on the Rounds tab.

If you've saved over a tournament file, you're out of luck.  Just like saving over any other file, the original contents of the file are lost.

To straighten out your stats, you'll need to re-create the tournament.  Create and run a "mock" tournament, busting players out in the order they originally busted out in the tournament.  Of course, that requires that you remember how players busted out...

brunobus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Wouldn't he be able to just restore one of the back-up files (assuming that he has the back-up turned on).  I guess I'm assuming that those hundreds of files that get created during a tournament are some sort of a backup, but maybe I'm wrong.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:15:52 AM »
Only if the preference to backup tournament files is turned on.  It is off by default.

brunobus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:34:32 PM »
Sneds, if you did have the backup turned on, then you still might be able to pull up the last saved backup file.  If you don't have the backup turned on, I would certainly suggest it for just the very reason that you mention.  It does take up some HD space and creates hundreds of files, but it will also save you if the software crashes for some reason in the middle of a tournament or you have a power outage, etc.  Even if the main tournament file is corrupted or something, you will still be able to load the most current (by date and time) backup file which will probably not be any different than the final saved file.