Author Topic: 2.6.b2 Edit Database Player Potential Issue  (Read 2299 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
2.6.b2 Edit Database Player Potential Issue
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:37:06 PM »
Not sure if it was intentional, but when you hit the enter button on keyboard when editing player info, it goes to the next field of the edit box.  If I recal with previous versions, it would close it out... Again, not sure if it's an issue or not, but did want to bring it up in case it is.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6.b2 Edit Database Player Potential Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:19:28 AM »
That is actually intentional, and it was really an experiment.  The idea is that it should be easy to fill out all of the player information fields.  Type a line, like the Nickname, and hitting Enter takes you to the next line to easily continue.

Actually, pressing Enter to "close out" (or "accept") on a dialog box should only work on dialogs that have only a single entry field, like a dialog to create a new Property Set, or a new Screen (dialogs that ask only for a name).

This behavior is also on the Level dialog on the Rounds tab.  Just trying it out for now.  I was going to try to add it to any dialog where it would make sense, but I ran into some strange behavior with IE's event handlers, so I left it to those 2 dialogs for now.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »
Personally, I prefer it the way you have it now... I'm one kinda used to Access and Dbase for Open office where hitting enter goes to the next field, instead of OKing a dialogue box.... Good to know it was intentioal! :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
I also added this functionality to the control that prompts for fees for buying in, adding on, rebuying, etc.  Consequently, I just discovered that it broke the Add-on Players dialog when bounty chips are enabled.  :(

Actually, broke is slightly too strong of a word.  It will give an error, but in fact the dialog will continue to work after you close the error message.