Author Topic: poker table  (Read 3361 times)

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
poker table
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:19:58 AM »
Hey everyone, i just got some 1/4" closed cell foam padding for my poker table, and i have seen on numerous sites that they use 3M adhesive spray on the table top. Would it be just as effective to wrap it under the table and staple it to the underside so long as it is nice and tight? or is the adhesive the way to go?
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

badbeat

• View Profile
Re: poker table
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »
I'd do both if it was me, the spray glue is good and not too expensive, but the staples will stop it peeling in the future. Only my opinion though.

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
thanks, that was another option that i was considering as well...only i thought about it after i posted it! i think i will give that a try
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Four Aces Poker

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
I spray glued the foam underlay... if you spray both your table top and the foam then let it set up for about 2 minutes then attach them togather they will make a permanent bond. I also lightly spray glued the top of the foam before  I put my cloth on just so it didn't move around as much... I didn't want to saturate it though so it would soak through... You should spot test the cloth to make sure it doesn't show through for the cloth you use. Then I stapled the cloth to the underside. I did not wrap the foam underlay

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:45:09 AM »
thanks guys. i spray-glued it last night, and placed some flat objects on the table top for some pressure. checked it this morning but didn't have time to remove the stuff. appears to be holding very well. will attach my velveteen when i get home tonight and most likely be using it tomorrow! And I won't have to hear the chips banging against wood anymore!
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Four Aces Poker

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
velveteen is a great choice for cloth... I put it on mine... feels like felt and way better drink resistant! The cloth I got they gave me a discount because it had some deficiencies in it... it looks like there are a bunch of places where cigarettes fell on it and burned it a bit... just a bit of discoloration but looks brilliant lol perfect poker table look

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
I also put a light mist of spray glue on top of the foam before adding the poker cloth.  It really helps so you don't get cloth loosening from the foam and causing little waves in the cloth.  You still pull tight and staple, but the glue mist helps to keep the cloth down and the cloth still easily separates from the foam if you need to replace it.

Check out Scott Keens poker table forum if you haven't already  - all sorts of discussions about gluing on fabric or foam.