Author Topic: Printing off 25mm Labels to customize poker chips  (Read 1647 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Printing off 25mm Labels to customize poker chips
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
I have bought some 25mm labels - 70 per page to customize my poker chips. When i bought them  and downloaded a microsoft word template. I have printed a page off. But I had to copy and paste the chip image one by one onto the word template.

Does any one know a better way to do this as i have over 2000 chips to do.
I am using a Lexmark printer

Any help appreciated ,

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Printing off 25mm Labels to customize poker chips
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:48:33 AM »
I re-centred my chips but the local printers got circular labels and printed them off using laser, only problem I have is  they rub down and get dirty as they are getting used a lot so I am going to laquer the centres with a clear metal laquer.

I know they have a sheet of each value on file and print them off as required as I had over 5,000 to get done.

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:59:45 AM »
What was the cost Stu? 

I have done them before, about 2 years ago, and had the same problem. Amazes me what people do with the chips. no respect.  Want to change them as I have had a few pinched even snapped in the last 2 years.

The Lacquer seems like a good idea. I had thought of doing that. Had though of Clear varnish but that goes yellow over a short time and if it gets chipped it will crack and peel.
I used to work in the motor trade and what would be good is the 2 pack lacquer that they use to paint cars. You mix the Lacquer with a hardener, goes rock hard. 

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:12 AM »
cost me a little under £100 to get the centres printed by them, far better in my opinion than ink, I  do use them fairly regularly so they are pretty accommodating.

I just bought lacquer from the local hardware shop, I just need to find the time between large tournaments to get them done.  I will let you know how it works out.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray