Author Topic: Stats Top X Results  (Read 1803 times)

Madda

• View Profile
Stats Top X Results
« on: February 22, 2018, 03:49:28 PM »
This might not be possible to do automatically but I though I'd ask just in case. My friend has suggested when running our leagues we base the league table on a players best 10 results across 15 games.

Is this something that is possible in TD or will it be something that I'd have to do manually if we go with it?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stats Top X Results
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:31:05 PM »
Yes, easy to do, but specifics depend on how you're scoring your players.  If it is simply by points earned in the tournament, then you just set the Overall Score formula (in the Stats Profile on the Stats tab) to something like:

sum(top(10, listPoints))

Madda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:02:21 AM »
Sorry for the late reply but thanks that works perfect for what I wanted :)

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »
Yes, easy to do, but specifics depend on how you're scoring your players.  If it is simply by points earned in the tournament, then you just set the Overall Score formula (in the Stats Profile on the Stats tab) to something like:

sum(top(10, listPoints))

When inserting this formula should the formula show up in the "Create Overall Scores using Formulas" text box?
I input this code in the stats profile I am using, testing across 4 games played. Doesn't matter if I change the variable to 1, 2, 3, or 4 it still shows the total scores for all 4 games. And it just shows "1 Formula" in that text box.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
You can define up to 5 Overall Scores formulas.  By default only the "Overall Score" column is displayed, which shows the results of the Overall Score formula.  But you can also define an Overall Score 2 formula, an Overall Score 3 formula, an Overall Score 4 formula, and an Overall Score 5 formula.  Those will show up in the Overall Score 2 column, Overall Score 3 column, Overall Score 4 column, and Overall Score 5 column, respectively.  You will need to enable those columns.  To do that, press the Preferences button on the Stats tab and select "Edit Columns".

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 07:40:58 AM »
You can define up to 5 Overall Scores formulas.  By default only the "Overall Score" column is displayed, which shows the results of the Overall Score formula.  But you can also define an Overall Score 2 formula, an Overall Score 3 formula, an Overall Score 4 formula, and an Overall Score 5 formula.  Those will show up in the Overall Score 2 column, Overall Score 3 column, Overall Score 4 column, and Overall Score 5 column, respectively.  You will need to enable those columns.  To do that, press the Preferences button on the Stats tab and select "Edit Columns".

Thank You for the explanation. I was still looking at the "Points" field in my data and not looking at the Overall Score field. Newb Mistake