Author Topic: HTML Layout Questions  (Read 1089 times)

Mesnik44

• View Profile
HTML Layout Questions
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am interested in starting to create layouts using HTML, but I am at a loss. And when I mean loss, it's more of a "how-the-heck-do-I-do-it?"

I have tinkered with the receipt.html and I thinking the layout is going to be similar. In the example below would I would like to insert Round on to the layout, would I do it like this?

<table>
 <tr>
    <td> Round: <round> </td>
</tr>
</table>

If this is correct, all you really need to do is find a WYSIWYG html editor, create your layout, go into the code and insert the tokens. Am I correct in saying so? Or am I way out in left field?

Also, sorry to have to ask an obviously stupid question, where can I find all the tokens/variables?

Thanks in advance,

John.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Layout Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »
That is correct.  That is definitely a way to do it.

The idea is to be able to create the screen however you like, without the restrictions of cells and columns and rows.  But you will have to insert the tokens yourself (as you've described).  On the Screen Properties dialog, if you select an HTML screen you'll see a button labeled "Token Builder".  This is the same as the "Insert Token" dialog, except it doesn't actually insert the token.  It just allows you to create the token you want and gives you the appropriate token text to insert into your HTML.