Author Topic: Sadly this may not be new, but I cannot find what I am looking for w/r/t a TOC  (Read 921 times)

shushs

• View Profile
I recall seeing some posts a while ago about keeping money out for a TOC. IIRC, the suggestion was to use the Rake field. I did that last year, and TBH, I think I shorted some people.  An astute player at last week's game said "There is $800 in the pot, but you are only paying out $600, why?" Well, I looked and he was correct. the payouts totalled $600, there were 15 players, plus one rebuy, at $50 per. That equals $800. I have been using the rake field to take in the extra $20 from players each buy in to help inflate the ToC we run. The top 10 players (points wise) get to play a $100 buy in tournament with the extra from all the buy ins added.

When I collect the money from each player, I grab $80. $50 to the current prize pool, $10 for a bounty chip, and $20 for the ToC.

I had already removed the $300 from the $1200 total intake. But I in order to get the prizes to work, I had to put in a 'House contribution' of $200. This is going to throw my prizes off each month (if I even remember to do this). Did I do something wrong? Is there some other field I can use instead that doesn't get subtracted from the current tournament's pool?

shushs

• View Profile
OOOh! I think I may have figured it out!! I need to set my buy in to $70, with a $20 rake. Boom! Bob's your Uncle!

Yes?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your numbers confuse me but yes, I think.  $70 with $20 rake means $50 goes into the pot, $20 does not.  Actually, $70 buy-in fee, $10 bounty chip, $20 rake is $50 into the pot, $10 into the bounty fund, and $20 into the rake.

shushs

• View Profile
Your assessment was correct.   I run a "$50 + $10 bounty" tournament and a $20 toward ToC. So, I had it set to a buy in of $50, a $10 bounty, and a $20 rake. So, my payouts were $20 * number of players short. Got it resolved though. Thanks again!