Author Topic: Status Updates on a WordPress Site  (Read 1420 times)

FlatFootWorks

• View Profile
Status Updates on a WordPress Site
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »
Is there anyone that has status updates working on a WordPress site?

I have uploaded the files to my public_html folder and changed the permissions, but can not seem to get it to work.  When I Attempt to Update Now I get a failed message.

If some could help me out and provide some step by step instructions, that would be great.

Thanks

IBuyCars

• View Profile
Re: Status Updates on a WordPress Site
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
I had issues with this feature (not on wordpress) at the start, for me I had to change the "post" "get" options

FlatFootWorks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »
Thanks for the idea.  Unfortunately, it did not make a difference.

After playing around with it a little more, I realized the url I had the updates sending to add an additional folder destination in the address.

So to update, I am getting the "Succeeded" message, but I am still having a problem. When I go to mywebsite.com/TournamentStatus.html I see the default Tournament Director page, but none of the fields are being populated.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »
If statusListener.php isn't able to write the data to a file, then when you hit the TournamentStatus.html page there won't be any data to read and populate the fields.  I'd say this is probably the most likely problem.  You'll have to set permissions on the site to allow statusListener.php to write to a file.  If it can't write it in the same folder, you might have to write it elsewhere, like in a temp folder.  This would require changing statusListener.php and TournamentStatus.js.  If you have to write the file to a temp folder, then it will probably take some additional work since as the code is written today it is relying on the tdstatus.txt file being in an accessible location where the web server can serve it up to browsers, but if it has to be in a temp folder, the server probably won't serve it.  This would require an additional php script to serve it (very simple).

FlatFootWorks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
Thanks for the help.  Played around a little more with the permission settings and got it to work.