Author Topic: Overall score on Player Rankings screen  (Read 1231 times)

rakrul

• View Profile
Overall score on Player Rankings screen
« on: December 07, 2015, 09:03:17 PM »
I don't think it is possible to achieve this now as I'm guessing you have to define the filter that controls the overall score formula. Anyways, what I want to achieve is to display the current season status on the player rankings screen. I'm showing the points they were awarded for the current tournament but to show the overall status for the season, I have to pull up the stats screen.

I'm guessing an overall score field where you have to define the profile is the easiest way(?).

Edit: words, to avoid grammar rangers death threats
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:21:26 AM by rakrul »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Overall score on Player Rankings screen
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »
There is a way to display the current stats in the Game window, and it's via the <stats> layout token.  I think that token was added in version 3.2.  It's not terribly flexible, as it displays the columns and values as they are currently displayed on the Stats tab of the Settings window.  But it's better than just showing the Settings window to your players.

However, since the built-in screens don't currently allow for token substitution, you can't display this on the Player Rankings screen, only on a screen of your making.

rakrul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »
Well, I can live with that. I'm guessing the screen pulls the data when showed so it's always updated and I don't have to refresh the stats-screen (given that it's after the tournament)?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
The layout token pulls the data from the Stats tab.  The Stats tab doesn't automatically update, so yes, after the tournament you'll need to Refresh Stats on the Stats tab.  The layout token should then automatically update.

rakrul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
Got it, thanks again!

(Maybe this should be moved to the help me section?)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:04 PM »
I think maybe you're right.  :)