Author Topic: Odd sound event issue  (Read 1652 times)

DCP

• View Profile
Odd sound event issue
« on: July 22, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »
Probably a couple of months ago, one of my sound events stopped working. I have multiple sound events (tourney start, round end, random bust-out) that all work fine, but I have a couple that comes at specific times - one minute remaining and single beeps for the last few seconds of a round. For some reason, they all stopped working. The sound files themselves work just fine. They all show up as false, where my other event sounds show as true.

Thoughts on what I should be looking at? Again, not sure why they broke, but I can duplicate this on 2 laptops.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Odd sound event issue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Off the top of my head: either the Conditions of the event were altered and it's not matching tournament conditions when you think it should, or some other event is firing in its place.  Remember events are processed in the order listed on the Events tab.  The first one that matches wins.  No other events will be processed.  So if some other event higher in the list matches, it's the only one that will fire.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, though:
They all show up as false, where my other event sounds show as true.

DCP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 10:49:41 PM »
Hi Corey, and thank you for the reply!

I am attaching a screenshot of what I am referring to. Maybe it is just a configuration issue, but I don't recall ever changing these events. I only have a handful of events. A
sound event for the tourney start, a sound event for the end of a round, a sound event for a 1 minute warning (screen attached - not working), a sound event for a beep the last 5 seconds of a round (screen attached - also not working), a sound event for the hand timer expiring, a random sound event for a bust-out, and a save event for when a player is busted. From what I can tell, it is the two events that use the condition
Code: [Select]
secondsLeft with the trigger "The clock ticks". For fun, I have tried the pre-defined event "Level end warning", but no luck.

The FALSE statement is on the two sound events that are not working.

EDIT - added screenshot of event order as well
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:51:58 PM by DCP »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 07:53:43 AM »
Can you attached your events template?  And which one is no longer working?

DCP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 06:49:52 PM »
Sounds template attached

DCP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 10:21:05 AM »
So I just bit the bullet and recreated my sound template from scratch. Still unsure why this was ever occurring in the first place, but it is a non-issue now.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:23 PM »
Glad to hear it.  Looking at your configuration, I don't see a reason why the "1 minute remaining" event wouldn't fire.  The events listed above it have different triggers, and the conditions look fine.  The only other thing I can think of is that it IS in fact firing, but maybe the sound file is missing?