Author Topic: sound ability requests  (Read 3883 times)

raven_rogue

• View Profile
sound ability requests
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »
I like to be able to play a special sound file for the following:

1. for the first player (and only that player) that is eliminated from the tournament.

2. when someone busts at the bubble mark.. I like to play the theme from aprentice (money, money) is let people that are remaining they are in the money.

cousguy

• View Profile
Re: sound ability requests
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:44:46 PM »
One vote for me for option #2!  Great Idea!

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:53:57 AM »
Agreed.

wthompson006

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
LOL...that Money song is perfect. Great idea!

TheCOG

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 03:42:12 PM »
I too think such a feature would be great.

And, if remotely possible, how about a sound event when specific players bust?  As an example, if there's  a player who constantly wins is playing, then busts out, the sound event could be related to revenge being sweet, etc.  But if he's not playing, or he wins, then the event is never used.  And if a player busts who has no specific sound event associate with him, then the default sound event is used.

Finally, is there a way to set priority over sound events, so two sounds don't play over each other when two events happen at the same time?  As an example, I have one sound event for a player busting, and another for a rebuy, but when a player is busted, and re-buys simultaneously with the dialog box option, TD2 tries to play both sounds simultaneously.

Cheers, Carl.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »
The first request is on the list.  [I think] I'll be adding these sound events:

- player busts out with rank n
- player is nth player to bust out
- player busts out on the bubble
- player busts out in the money

I hesitate to add something as specific as a specific player busting out.  Next it will be when a specific player rebuys, when a player is the nth to rebuy, when a specific player adds on, when a specific player buys in, when a specific player moves, etc.  That makes the job of prioritizing the sounds even more difficult.

Speaking of prioritizing sound events, there is no way to do this now.  If you choose to create more than one event for the same event type, the TD will choose a random one to play each time the event occurs.  Other times, when two different event types occur at the same time (a player busts out, the tournament is over), the TD is pre-programmed to choose one over the other.  In this example case, the tournament is over event will play, and if a sound event has not been defined for end-of-tournament, then the player busts out event will play.  You've just noted a place that I missed.  I'll put this on the to-do list to be fixed for the next version.

Of course, they could be prioritized simply by their order.  Let me think about this some more.....

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »
Would it be possible to add time left in Countdown as an option (in addition to time left in round or break)?

PPPanimal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 02:07:46 PM »
Too bad you couldn't set it up so we could create our own events like this.
if (bustoutevent && If(name=="Animal", "<tdfolder>\sounds\animalbust.wav, default))  or something like that.

or even better.

if (bustoutevent && If(exist ("<tdfolder>\sounds\<name>bust.wav"), play"<tdfolder>\sounds\<name>bust.wav, default))  or something like that.

Then we could just name the files ANIMALBUST.WAV etc for bust out, then maybe COREYROCKS.WAV for when you win.

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »
yeah dude, that would be cool... I can see the possibilities now <evil chuckle>