Author Topic: Adding players  (Read 1377 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Adding players
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »
When searching for players through the Add Players dialog, the database needs to be loaded and because of the size of my DB this takes a while. I now search for my players through the DB tab, add them to the tourney and buy in from there. Regardless of the number of searches I do or the tabs I click on the speed from the Database tab doesn't change. Can TD load the database file in the Add players dialog and not let it go once the dialog is closed, thereby keeping all players in its memory and allowing for faster results?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding players
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:05:30 PM »
Unfortunately, no.  I suspect the issue is rendering, especially since the player database already resides in memory.  The Database tab will be faster due to paging of the players.  The "Add Players" dialog lists your entire database of players in a single list, and if you've got thousands of players, it can take a few seconds to render.  I've streamlined it as much as I know how, and what's left is really up to IE.

I have tried, a long time ago, to save certain rendered elements from dialogs for re-use to speed things up, but it's just not possible as IE (and other browsers) treat it as a security issue (I could be wrong about the reason, but regardless you can't take an element from one window and use it in another, which is what saving a rendered element would amount to).