Author Topic: 2.6 beta 5  (Read 43912 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: 2.6 beta 5
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
My mind was wandering when I wrote Auto-Print. I thought the fact the 'allow players to be seated' was being unchecked was a programming error. I just went through all my tournament templates and turned this preference on.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
I thought that might have been the case (and glad to hear it isn't a bug).  :)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
My boss has just made a request to have the tournament summary created (or given to him) in CSV. Pretty much the same info as already present in the HTML export. Is this possible in the near future?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
Which information?  The export from the Summary tab?  And if so, which information?  There are 7 sections, and I'm assuming you would mean the top 6, and not the "Action Summary".  That would ultimately mean a single row of information with a bunch of columns.  (Adding the Action Summary would mean two different sets of columns, which would not make sense for a CSV file, but I guess could be done.)  Or do you have a specific format in mind?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 02:35:57 PM »
My boss is looking for the same information on the html summary export without the action summary.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
You can use the attached template to export to CSV.  Set it as your Default Summary Export on the Config Files dialog (Preferences tab).  When you export, just give the file a ".csv" file extension and voila.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Just used the stats filter where nobody passed the filter... Really like the revamped look when there are no players to ensure that the filter and tournaments are set up properly to catch the tournaments and players that are needed! (turned out that there were no players to show, which was what I was hoping for)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 02:32:58 PM »
Good to hear.  Now that I've added it, it seems so obvious that it should have been there all along.  Hopefully this will lead to less confusion.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:19 PM »
Didn't pass the filter?? where is this option??

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2011, 06:48:16 AM »
It's with the stats tab. I use it to show people where they are in points after the weekly tournament. I have it set up so that people who haven't played at least once in the previous season are placed in a league titled "at risk", since I delete those who have not played in two consecutive seasons. After each week, I run the stats to see if any of them have played, and if so, I remove the tag of "at risk". Yesterday was the first time I ran a tournament with b5, due to a last minute scheduling change, and before I left to host, I ran that filter for the at risk players, and it came back with nobody having passed the filter with the tournaments for the season.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
I came across something that really caused me a headache trying to figure out and was hoping you could change this. I allowed a player to play for free in a tournament and when I bought them in, I changed their buy0in from $50 to $0. This affected the points she earned because the bc in my formula pointed to how much she paid and no tthe buy-in cost of the tournament. Can the bc in the formula point to the Buy-In on the game tab and not the amount the player paid?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:37 PM »
It is debatable as to which is more correct, but changing it could break existing formulas for those counting on it to represent the buy-in cost for that player (which could be different than the set buy-in cost for the tournament).  I'd have to add another variable to cover that.  The work around until that happens is to hard-code the buy-in cost into your formula.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
I've changed the formula and put in the number in place of bc when needed. It just caught me off guard and took me a while to figure out what was actually going on and I wasnt sure if that was intended.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
I came across something that really caused me a headache trying to figure out and was hoping you could change this. I allowed a player to play for free in a tournament and when I bought them in, I changed their buy0in from $50 to $0. This affected the points she earned because the bc in my formula pointed to how much she paid and no tthe buy-in cost of the tournament. Can the bc in the formula point to the Buy-In on the game tab and not the amount the player paid?
Been there, are workaround was to make a prize up, say 18 then edited that prize like, monetary...freeroll, then put the points for buy-in, in the points box, seem to work for us.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »
It is prob me done some thing wrong.

Just downloaded latest b5, kept comimg up with faults when opening.

It still opened with no players or any of my prefrances.
I did a restore from a back up and it was still the same.
Any idea's what I have done wrong or what I should do now ?.

Screen prints of faults