Author Topic: 2.6 beta 5  (Read 43907 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6 beta 5
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
So if you have bought a licence this february, will the 3.0 be free or do i have to pay again?
// McFrojd

If you want to use version 3, you will have to purchase a version 3 license.  It will be at a discounted price, based on your purchase date for your version 2 license.

Jaxen

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2011, 12:22:32 PM »
Corey, I've been one of the folks with you since the early days ... Version 1, when it was freeware, and since I Paypal-ed you some money for it you gave me a Version 2 license back in like '06. Am I part of the "pre Jan. 2010" crowd? I don't think I beta-ed 2.6.b5, but I know I did 2.6.b4.

If I must pay full key fee for 3.0, that's cool. I have an event on Nov. 12 and was going to use 2.5.12 before upgrading afterward for our first event in January. I can probably get by on version 2 next year, but I'd like to stay current, even if I have to take a couple of weeks to grasp the new version (like I did from 1 to 2).

Congrats on finally getting 3.0 out. I know TD is a labor of love for you. I don't know how you support this and keep a full-time job and be a family man too. How is your little one doing, btw?

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
I think this happened the last time, in 2.6.beta5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
Corey, I've been one of the folks with you since the early days ... Version 1, when it was freeware, and since I Paypal-ed you some money for it you gave me a Version 2 license back in like '06. Am I part of the "pre Jan. 2010" crowd? I don't think I beta-ed 2.6.b5, but I know I did 2.6.b4.

If I must pay full key fee for 3.0, that's cool. I have an event on Nov. 12 and was going to use 2.5.12 before upgrading afterward for our first event in January. I can probably get by on version 2 next year, but I'd like to stay current, even if I have to take a couple of weeks to grasp the new version (like I did from 1 to 2).

The reason I had to insist on the beta testers using 2.6.b5 is that I actually planned ahead and implemented the "Store Code" feature, which essentially identifies you and when that particular version (2.6.b5) was installed.  Without it, anyone could claim to be a beta tester and I'd have no way to know for sure.  But that was before I realized I would have validation records that include software version, since the software validates the license online.  Thus, I should be able to tell, in most cases, if a registered license used any of the 2.6 beta versions, so I'll be extending the free license offer to those who've used any of the beta versions, as long as I can validate the usage.

Congrats on finally getting 3.0 out. I know TD is a labor of love for you. I don't know how you support this and keep a full-time job and be a family man too. How is your little one doing, btw?

Thanks.  I don't know how I do it, either, to be honest.  I've got a 3-year-old and an 18-month-old at this point.  They don't demand some of my time, they demand all of my time.  So I manage with very little sleep.  :)

chiqmagne

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »
What if I purchased a license AND was beta testing? How can I upgrade my beta version?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
What if I purchased a license AND was beta testing? How can I upgrade my beta version?

Follow the instructions on the upgrade page: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html