Author Topic: Points for Hits  (Read 3172 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Points for Hits
« on: December 07, 2011, 06:56:05 AM »
 Version 3

Would it be possible to display a cumulative "Points for Hits made" column on the Stats tab and also on the Players Rankings Screen.

If a league has an End of Season prize for the most hits made  , It would be good to be able to display the total points that each player has earned

Edit

When i say I cumulative, i mean it can already display the number of hits made and it adds the points to total points.

What i would like is a column to show the total number of points made, so on the Players ranking screen, It would display the result of (No of Hits made * points earned for each hit made). So people can see what each player has made from the hits they have managed to get.
On the Stats screen I would like to print out a  table of the players, the number of hits made, the total point earned from those hits).
Hope i explained this right
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:13:35 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Points for Hits
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
I understand this to mean that you want the portion of points that were earned by busting other players out.  This is not as straightforward as it may seem.  How do players earn points for busting other players out?  I can think of several ways: (1) The "Points for hit" input on the Game tab;  (2) The "Points for Playing" formula;  (3) Points awarded as part of a prize where the Recipient is configured to be a bounty on another player.  Technically, a "Points for Hits" column would include all of these.  Practically, it could only include (1).  It could include (3) (harder to to), but it really could never include (2), because that would take an advanced degree in mathematics to be able to derive out of any given formula which part was awarded due to hits.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Re: Points for Hits
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:24:08 PM »
Option one  was the way that i was thinking of.

I put the points for buying in to the game on the game tab. I also put the points that each player earns for a hit, in the "The points for Hit" on Games tab.
When you award 50 points for buying into the game and the game starts. Even if no players are eliminated, it still shows that each player has the 50 points.
If a player is eliminated it shows thier points earned in the game. The player who eliminated that player, who is still in the game, but now his score shows the running total so far i.e. the sum of ( buy in points+ hits made).

So if this was the first player elimination. it would show
eliminated player  total points scored = 50 points (for buying in)
Player who made the hit  (50 points for buying in+ 19 points for the hit) to show a running total 69 points