Author Topic: Undo seat balance  (Read 3352 times)

hawklight

• View Profile
Undo seat balance
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:17:02 AM »
Can it be made so that aside from "viewing" the last seat balance - it can be undone to revert tables to how they were before the balance occurred ? The Suggest Movement button would need to be reactivated as the tables will be unbalanced again.

At our tournaments we use TD to warn us when balancing is required and manually balance the tables suggested but do this manually, that is, we always move the next player who is about to be Big Blind. Therefore, we choose the "dont move anyone" button and then "drag" the player via the tables tab. If a table breaks down we just go with the TD suggestion as is.

In the event we accidentally click "ok move everyone" we have to to review the last seat balance and manually undo it. Granted this isnt too painful, however, when the number of people moving is more than a couple it is quite cumbersome.

I was horrified recently when a guy helping me wasnt too familiar with the software and clicked on randomize and followed it through re-assigning everybody! Needless to say, he doesnt help me anymore! I didnt even bother to readjust the tables and just did the whole thing the old way manually bypassing the software entirely for table management. Would have been very cool though if I could have clicked on an Undo Last Balance - perhaps allowing the Undo to do a few levels of Undo (say 4 maybe - with the option to Redo if you go back too far)

Just a thought  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Undo seat balance
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
This is in 2.2, by the way.

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:52:18 PM »
Cool - thanks Corey.

D/L'd it y'day and had a little play but didnt think to try that out. Will do so now.

Well done on all you have done - looks like a great new version - enjoyed trying to break the beta  ;-)

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:29:26 PM »
Corey - I had a play - works great - thanks again.

By the way - it looks like it has multiple undo / redo capabailities - how many levels can it go back? The couple of nested undo's I did should be more than enough - just curious is all    :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:51:10 PM »
I think I hard-coded it to 100.  Fairly arbitrary number.  But every action on the Tables tab counts.  Dragging a player, adding a table, renaming a table, etc, etc.

hawklight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »
100 should do it - hehe

Yep - works a treat - thanks again!