Author Topic: Special Prizes  (Read 3119 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Special Prizes
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Hi,

My request/suggestion here is to have a bit more control on special prizes that we setup in TD.

For instance, if one of our directors takes part in a tournament, a bounty is automatically put on his head for a free buy-in.
That said, I could not find a way to easily display the winner of such bounty on my tournament screen as it happens.

Also, since we do not normally track hitman in our tournament, I turned off the option of display possible hitman when I bust players out. Would it be possible to keep that option turned off but have it overridden when a hitman is REQUIRED?

Also, could you have a trigger added to include prizes (you have one for random player prize but not the other ones)?

TIA
Michel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Special Prizes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »
Hi,

My request/suggestion here is to have a bit more control on special prizes that we setup in TD.

For instance, if one of our directors takes part in a tournament, a bounty is automatically put on his head for a free buy-in.
That said, I could not find a way to easily display the winner of such bounty on my tournament screen as it happens.

Also, since we do not normally track hitman in our tournament, I turned off the option of display possible hitman when I bust players out. Would it be possible to keep that option turned off but have it overridden when a hitman is REQUIRED?

When is it required?

Also, could you have a trigger added to include prizes (you have one for random player prize but not the other ones)?

TIA
Michel

You're right, there's no trigger for a prize being awarded (just the specialty case of it being awarded to a random player).  I'll see about adding that.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:53:16 PM »
Hi,

When is it required?

When I set a Bounty Prize on a player...

Since I do not normally use HITMAN, I turned of the option to automatically ask for one when we bust a player out (Behavior: Allow selection of hitman when busting players out). I fear that if I turn the option back on, my TD's will, out of habit, automatically dismiss the dialog.

BUT, if the dialog would come up ONLY when needed then they would know to act on it.

It is just a matter of linking the "Allow selection of hitman when busting players out" to the Bounty Prize:
  • If the "Hitman" option is checked. --> Nothing to do
  • If the "Hitman" option is NOT checked AND a bounty Prize is set --> Overide the Option / Force Selection of a hitman

HTH
Michel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 11:35:15 PM »
Gotcha.  I see the logic.  Let me give it some thought.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:05:46 PM »
You're the best!