Author Topic: 3.2 final  (Read 10456 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.2 final
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:31:19 PM »
I finally finished updating the user manual.  It's still not a great user manual but at least it's been updated as much as I am aware it needs to be.

So 3.2 will be released as soon as I can, hopefully in the next few days, if not sooner.  The various change lists for the betas will be consolidated, and all of the bug fixes regarding a previous beta will be removed.  Here is the change list since 3.2 beta 4:

======================================================================
New Features:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Added confirmation dialog when ESC key pressed on certain dialogs
- Changed additional path inputs to indicate when paths are not found
- Modified code to adjust table columns visually
- Updated Add Players and New Player dialogs so that switching between the two remembers all uncommitted information
- Added some text to the Chops dialog on the Prizes tab to distinguish it from the Chop dialog
- Added ChipCount as an import field for player import
- Added <stats> layout token
- Exiting the application no longer prompts for confirmation if the Windows close button is pressed, since a bug
  in Internet Explorer causes the application to exit regardless of how the user answers the confirmation
- Worked around a bug in Internet Explorer that causes the layout to not update properly in certain circumstances
- Added built-in layout "Minimalist"
- Updated Property Set editing to better visually indicate when properties are disabled
- Help tab reworked
- Added button on Player Movement dialog to allow setting of the dealer buttons; also added button on Tables tab
  and a hotkey to allow accessing this dialog

Bugs Fixed:
- BUG (2.X): Sorting by Buy-in Time column on Players Tab doesn't work
- BUG (3.2.b1): Layout export doesn't include HTML screens that are external files
- BUG (3.2.b1): Stats tab -> Edit Profiles -> Overall Scores -> "Set from Statistics" button in Player Information
  section gives error or opens dialog listing players where all players are listed as "undefined"
- BUG (3.2.b4): New Stats profiles get wrong dates (01-01-1980)
- BUG (3.2.b1): On AddPlayersToTournamentDialog, I can uncheck disabled checkboxes using shift+check
- BUG (3.2.b4): Layout settings dialog doesn't allow an empty value for optimal resolution
- BUG (3.2.b4): The layout preview should be the same ratio as the screena when possible
- BUG (3.2.b4): The layout preview, when displaying an HTML screen, should scale from the optimal resolution and
  not from the actual screen size (when optimal resolution defined)
- BUG (3.2.b1): The Windows close/minimize buttons don't display in full screen mode for HTML screens
- BUG (3.2.b1): "Saving Tournament" status icon broken in Game window
- BUG (3.2.b4): Closing the Cell dialog after pressing Apply will still prompt to apply the changes
- BUG (2.x): Permission Denied error sometimes when closing the Help window
- BUG (3.2.b1): Searching on Undo Add-on or Undo Rebuy dialog with no players causes error
- BUG (3.2.b1): When New Game Player dialog opens, "Auto format fields" isn't checked even if preference is enabled
- BUG (3.0): Some large font sizes cause Font dialog to render incorrectly
- BUG (3.2.b4): Closing the Event dialog using the Windows close button or by pressing ESC (canceling the dialog)
  still warns/prompts when there are no conditions or no actions
- BUG (3.2.b1): Preferences tab -> Player Detail Fields -> Reset these preferences doesn't reset columns on
  player dialogs

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2 final
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:59 PM »
3.2 has been released.  Download it from the main download page: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/download.html

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:37:57 PM »
Possible bug in rankings? I loaded a completed tourney with 34 players and it seems that the ranking order is now reversed. The first player eliminated is ranked 1 and the winner was ranked 34. Am I doing something wrong (again, lol) or anybody else see this?

Chuck

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
You are not alone!

I just ran a tournament this evening, and as I was busting players out, the first player busted was moving up, so all of the rankings were reversed (last player out was displayed as having finished last; only the winner was correct).

Also, I noticed that the info on the Players tab was not displaying correctly.  The name was correct, but under the nickname column was the players' email addresses; ID column showed phone numbers.  All other columns that I configued (status, notes, paid, bounty chip, rebuys, hitman, rank, bounties won, total cost, total winnings and points) were blank.

One other thing:  my season rankings are also not displaying correctly, either.  It seems all of the point totals are now messed up.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:53:26 AM »
Hope it sorted soon, I was just going to download, think I will wait a couple of days.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »
Yeah, definitely some problems. I dropped from 1st to 4th in the standings but--on the plus side--moved up in the finishing order for our last tournament! Re-installing the beta APPEARS to solve the errors I observed.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
Re-installing the beta APPEARS to solve the errors I observed.

Is there a place where I can download this?  It appears to have been removed.

Heck, at this point, I would be happy to have 3.1.1

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
Sooo sorry, everyone.  Yes, I broke this at the last minute without realizing it.  I updated the common data table code that displays tables of information (like the players on the Players tab) so that adjusting column widths actually changes the column widths while you move the mouse (instead of adjusting the widths by dragging a line ... whatever, doesn't matter).  Anyway, I was testing this when I noticed that the Round Out and Time Out columns on the Players tab sorted backwards from the way they should (sorting from largest to smallest actually sorted those columns from smallest to largest).  And apparently it has been this way forever.  No big deal really, but why not fix it?  So I did.  But clearly what I did not realize is that the same sort function was used in ranking the players.

It's an easy patch and I'm working on it right now.  I'll send an update when I get it uploaded.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »
And if you're in a bind, you can still download 3.2 beta 4 until I get this sorted out: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/TournamentDirector32b4.exe

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
Thanks, Corey, for your usual quick response to our problems.  As always, the support that you provide is incredible, to say the least.

One other problem that I have noted, and I'm not certain it's related, is that the tournament that I just ran did not accurately track bounties correctly.  For example, many players were credited with keeping their bounties, when in fact their bounties were collected by various hitmen.

Could it be that a setting was changed here?

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:51 AM »
One other problem that I have noted, and I'm not certain it's related, is that the tournament that I just ran did not accurately track bounties correctly.  For example, many players were credited with keeping their bounties, when in fact their bounties were collected by various hitmen.

Could it be that a setting was changed here?

OK, I just downloaded beta 4, and now bounties are correctly awarded.  I forgot to take into account that because the standings were reversed, the bounties couldn't be correctly assigned, so this is now a non-issue.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
Thanks for the update.  My answer was going to be "I don't know but quite possibly".  :)

This is such an easy fix but an idiosyncrasy in IE is making it a pain.  It seems I can't simply patch it because of the way IE treats code that is loaded in the way the patching mechanism works.  And it couldn't have been on a worse day as I'm out the door to my daughter's soccer game, then to a family outing that's been planned for months, and then to a niece's birthday party...

This will be fixed, one way or another, today.  Sorry for the delay everyone.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »
Version 3.2.1 is now available which fixes this issue.  Again, sorry for this.  I'm quite embarrassed by this monumental screw up.  I'm just hoping that, with the very limited time I've had to work on this, that I haven't messed up anything else.

The software is resisting every attempt to patch this issue, so I haven't yet issued a patch for version 3.2.  That means you'll have to download version 3.2.1 to fix this bug.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »
Yesterday I released 3.2.1 to fix the rankings issue.  Since I couldn't patch 3.2 (so it would get automatically fixed without requiring everyone who already had 3.2 to download and install 3.2.1), I issued a patch that just pops up a warning when the application starts to let the user know about the issue and direct them to download 3.2.1.

Looks like I've figured out the patching issue, too, so I'll be releasing a new patch that fixes this in 3.2 as well.  Man it's nice to have some success in midst of everything going wrong.

Thanks everyone for your patience while I resolved this.