Author Topic: Buy-Back Option  (Read 3164 times)

dmwise01

• View Profile
Buy-Back Option
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
At our neighborhood games we have always allowed players to Buyback in before the first break.  The Buyback is for the same amount of chips (24,500) for the same amount of cash as the Buy-In.  The catch is, that all active players get a 5,000 chip.  I haven't been figure out how to account for the additional 5,000 in chips, per player.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Buy-Back Option
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13:31 AM »
The catch is, that all active players get a 5,000 chip

I'm not sure what you mean by this, is the 5,000 chip an early bonus, in game bonus at a set time or something else?

Anyhow it can be done as a zero cost re-buy, add-on or by adding the amount of 5k's onto the <adjust chip count by> on the game tab.

Stu
Stuart Murray

dmwise01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »
When the tournament start each player has 24,500 in total chip count.

When a player busts out and rebuys, he receives 24,500, but all players with chips still each receive a 5k chip bonus.

We only do this for small neighborhood games of 16 or less.  The host of the game usually decides if there's even a rebuy, but if there is, 90% of the time, that's how rebuys work for us. 

The other 10% of the time, we have the rebuys set at an additional 50% rate.  For instance if the game has a $20 buyin, then rebuys in this scenario would be $30. 

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51:08 AM »
There wouldn't be any quick-fix solution to adjust the remaining player's chip count... Only way that I know how would be to manually adjust the chip count of each remaining player. Not overly time consuming if you're only at 15-20 players, but may become so if you get a few rebuys as you are trying to adjust the count
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
Stuart's suggestion of using the "Adjust chip count by" field on the Game tab seems to be the best to me, especially if all you're really concerned about is things like the total chips in play and/or average chip stack, as displayed on the Game window.

dmwise01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »
I will give it a shot.  The past weekend was the first time that I got to use the software, so I am still feeling things out.  The guys just thought it was kind of fun to know what the average stacks were.

BillJr106

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 06:59:41 AM »
Honestly, and I mean no disrespect, but I totally dont understand your choice of 24,500 starting chips or a 5,000 chip bonus to active players on rebuys. Why would anyone else benefit from someone elses rebuy? That just seems to make the game longer and allows players to literally post and fold and earn chips through other peoples rebuys!! I would just fold until the rebuys are done and Id probably be up in the chip count... not to mention I dont get the uneven starting count. 5,000 makes sense, 10,000, even 20,000... 25,000 is a lot but makes sense. Why 24,500??

IBuyCars

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 04:46:05 AM »
I have been planning to do a similar tournament at my club, ( giving active players an amount of chips if someone re-enters the tournament) the idea that i came up with to impliment this was similar as Stuarts post above.

I planned to give out the bonus chips as a no cost Add-on at the first break after the Re-buys/ Re-entries have finished.

My solution
un-tick "Allow players still in the tournament to rebuy" ( this will basically not allow the busted out player to get a Add-on )

If that player wants to Re-Buy / Re-Enter, Click the "Add-On" Button on the "Controls" screen and tick the box at the top of the box near "Name" this will give every player still playing an Add-On.

Now you can Re-Buy your player.

You can set the chip value to that of your choosing, I have set mine to zero, and at the break change it to the chip value i require, TD asks me confirm the change, hit "Yes"

On the "Players" screen show the add-on chips column and now you know how many chips each player will receive.