Author Topic: Manually adding tournaments already played  (Read 2339 times)

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Manually adding tournaments already played
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:36:51 AM »
I just found this program recently. So far it look great!
Moving forward should be fine but we have played 30 tournaments since Jan that I would like to have tracked as well.
I have most of the raw data in Excel (Start/End Date/Times; Level player busted out; Monies paid in; etc.)
We have not tracked hitman stats so I guess I'll leave that out going forward till next year/season

I tried to enter an old one by using templates I've created to match our tournament structure.
This worked as far as positions go but the time stamps are not valid (obviously it's not Jan any more  :)
How do I get my old data in with valid times and dates?

Any help/hints appreciated!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Manually adding tournaments already played
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 12:34:16 PM »
The TD doesn't allow you to manually adjust times that events occur in your tournament.  What I've found is that the times that events occur is almost always irrelevant, it's really only order that matters, with the big exception of busting players out.  Noting bust out times can greatly help you adjust your schedule to fit your tournaments more closely.  And some people like to track how long players last (time-wise, not just rounds-wise or order-wise).  So, the only thing I can suggest is to adjust your system clock as you perform the various operations?

However, I would strongly suggest you NOT adjust your system clock if you are still in the evaluation period (and do not have a license key), as you will likely cause the evaluation period to immediately end.

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:46:19 PM »
I've had this "problem" before only because I had to re-do a tournament the day after because everyone's placement was screwed up (this was before the option to change a player's rank was added).  It's only funny because since I just unbusted and redid the tournament in the same file, I have a game starting at around 9:00pm and ending at noon the next day.

Honestly though, it really doesn't matter about the times unless you really care that much.  I save all my tournaments by naming the files after the date.  However, if the times matter to you, there is that "Notes" section under the "game" tab.  You could write everything in there if you'd like.

CruiseLite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
Thanks again Corey. Setting back the system clock function is exactly what I was thinking about doing if there was not an alternate method.
I am on the eval so will not attempt this until I decide to register.

Thanks for the input as well Tim. Man, a 15 hour tourney! How'd you keep yer eyes open!  :)

Guess I'll try the eval live this weekend then knuckle down and get my old ones in after I reg.