Author Topic: screen set help  (Read 7178 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
screen set help
« on: February 27, 2006, 10:41:03 AM »
O.K., I am sure I am missing something in one of the settings boxes, but here is my problem.

I have screen sets (set up in this order) for:
Default (have to have this)
Pre-tourney
Rebuy period
After rebuy period
Post tourney

I have it set up so that the conditions are set for the rebuy period screen set:
-any stage
-rebuys allowed (yes)
-rebuys over (no)
-add ons allowed (yes)
-add ons over (no)

This one shows up fine.  Then after round 4 when I have it defined in the game that rebuys and add ons are no longer allowed I want it to move to the "after rebuy period" screen set.

So I have the "after rebuy period" screen set conditions set to:
-any stage
-rebuys allowed (no)
-rebuys over (yes)
-add ons allowed (no)
-add ons over (yes)

But, after round 4, it doesn't go to this screen set, but just goes to the default screen set.

Anyone see what I am missing here?

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: screen set help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 10:54:07 AM »
Without having tested anything myself, I think you might need to have to "allow rebuys" and "allow addon" options set to yes, along with the "rebuy" and "add on period over" set to "yes."  It's logical: your tournament allowed rebuys and addons, and now that period is over.

Give that a shot.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:56:20 AM »
I was about to ask that you attach your layout, but I think Tim nailed it.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 11:21:10 AM »
I think that worked, but now with this same tourney I ran through a test tourney and 2 things are happening.

1.  The pre-tourney screenset is not showing up.  I have the conditions set up for this screen to show before the tourney (with either for the rebuy-addon option)

2.  When the tourney ended (last person eliminated), it did not go to my post-tourney screen set (which is set with condition to show when tourney is over (with either for the rebuy and add-on options).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:33:49 AM »
Not sure why your pre-tourney set isn't displaying.  Double-check your conditions and make sure you haven't inadvertently set something.

For the post-tournament set, move it up to just after the pre-tournament set.  It's not showing up currently because, even after the tournament is over, I would imagine the "After rebuy period" screen set is displayed, since it still matches tournament conditions (rebuys are allowed, rebuys are over).  The *first* set in your list to match current conditions will be used.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »
I am getting more and more confused.

Actually,  the screen that shows up after the tourney (and before the tourney) is the "rebuy-period" screen set.

I have the rebuy-period screen set and the after-rebuy-period screen set with the "any stage" option checked.  If I use the condition of "during countdown" then my default screen shows up (I only have the seating chart currently in my default screen set).

I don't really have anything for my "default" screen set because I am trying to have specific screen sets that require conditions for all the screens and default screen set does not allow conditions.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 12:10:18 PM »
So let me review my current settings:

I have 5 screen sets set up in this order:

pre-tourney
post-tourney
after-rebuy
during-rebuy

For the pre-tourney I have it set up with the condition of "before the game".  Nothing else is altered from the default conditions setup (I tried clicking on rebuys allowed and add-ons allowed, but that didn't change any behavior - so it is currently set to "either").

For the post-tourney I have the conditions set to "after the game" - nothing else altered

For the after-rebuy screen set I have it set to "any stage" & the conditions set to "rebuys allowed = yes" , "rebuys over = yes", same for add ons

For the during-rebuy screen set I have it set to "any stage" & the conditions set to "rebuys allowed = yes" , "rebuys over = no".  Same for add-ons.

With this set up I get no pretourney screen (shows my "during-rebuy" screen set), no post tourney screen (shows my "during-rebuy" screen set except it says "game over" for the round time), and I think the middle tourney screens work o.k.

default screen never shows (just how I want it).

What am I missing.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 02:20:07 PM »
Attach your layout to a post.  Better yet, attach your tournament with this layout.  It's possible (without me looking at the code right now), that the rebuy screen sets are chosen because they match more than one condition.  And without thinking about this too hard, that just might be a bug.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
screen set issues with this tourney/layout.

Thanks Corey - I am sure I am just missing a setting somewhere.  I can get it to show the pre and post screens if for the rebuy and after rebuy screen sets I set the condition to "in countdown", but then during the countdown it goes to my default screen (I just put the seating chart for my default so I would no when it shows up - I don't mean to show this).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 12:45:33 PM »
I think this is a bug.  I described it in the user manual like this:

"When the Tournament Director selects the screen set that will be used at any given moment, the screen sets are scanned in the order that they are displayed on the Screen Sets dialog.  When a screen sets whose conditions match the current tournament state is found, the screen set is selected for display.  If no screen set is found, the default screen set is used.  If more than one screen set matches the current tournament state, the first one found is used."

However, in coding it, the screen set with the highest number of matching conditions is used.  Problem with this method is that more than one matching condition doesn't necessarily mean it's a better match.  And by trying to make the conditions as easy to use as possible, it prevents more complex conditions.  End result is what you are seeing.

If I remove the scoring, it works just as you would expect.  I'm going to put down on the to-do list a way to have more complicated conditions.  For example, it would be nice to say "When NOT before the tournament starts".  Or maybe I just need to change the "Stage" portion to have Yes/No/Either values, like the other conditions.  This would allow you to set some impossible conditions, but that would just be user error I guess.

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 01:12:16 PM »
Well, that solved it for me anyway by using your notion of "highest number of matching conditions".

What I did was use the default screen for my "rebuy period" screen set.

Pretourney screen I just add the condition of "before game" and buy-ins and add-ons allowed = yes.

Then, for "post tourney" I set a bunch of conditions - that it was buy-in allowed, but buy-ins = over, add-ons allowed, but add-ons = over (I kind of can assume that the tourney won't end before the end of buy-ins), and made the tourney type "no limit", and made players remaining = <3 (because of course there will be less than 3 at the end of the tourney).

For my "no-rebuys" screen set, I just set the condition to any stage and rebuys and add-ons are allowed, but are "over"

Then everything works as it should.  Pre-tourney screens show up before the tourney starts, the default displays during rebuy, the "no rebuys" screen sets show up after my round 4 when it should, and then when I bust out the last player my "post tourney" screen sets show up.

Thanks Corey.  Not really a bug, just needed to make the conditions work for the software parameters.

Peter

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »
You're welcome.  But it's definitely a bug.  I'm glad you can work around it, though.