Author Topic: XML to SQL  (Read 2822 times)

dniezby

• View Profile
XML to SQL
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »
Hey Corry,

I've run out of places to ask this so, I figure I'll see if you know.

Is there a way for me to import my exported XML file into my MySql database? Could you point me in the direction to map the imports?

I want to use the StatsGenie export on my own site but can't find any methods anywhere to mapping the xml to mysql tables. 

Just like on their site, I want to have my authorized users Upload the xml and have a script that puts everything where it needs to go.

Any direction you could point me in would be great!

thanks,
Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: XML to SQL
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:54:29 PM »
I'm sure there's *something* out there that will make mapping XML to SQL easy (or easier), but it would all depend on how your tables are designed and what you intended to do with it.  That's one small part of a much larger task.  Do you have the larger task nailed down?

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:51 AM »
I'm sure there's *something* out there that will make mapping XML to SQL easy (or easier), but it would all depend on how your tables are designed and what you intended to do with it.  That's one small part of a much larger task.  Do you have the larger task nailed down?
That depends on what you mean by "the larger task"?  The database?  I have the tables and fields and can make or remove as needed. I can't believe how hard of a time I'm having with this.  I used to be so good with coding. LOL.

So you don't have any system that you use or recommend?

BTW - LOVE the newest version of TD..Great improvements.
Thanks,
Dave

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »
I have honestly never had the need to map an XML file into database tables, and knowing myself, I would probably tackle the problem directly without looking for a tool.

After I did all the hard work it would probably only then occur to me to just google it and see what I find: https://www.google.com/search?q=xml+to+sql+mapper

dniezby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »
Yeah, did that. It just confused me event more LOL. Thanks anyway though.