Author Topic: Cell spacing  (Read 1228 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
Cell spacing
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »
I think this has been asked before, but I can't find the post.

Trying to figure out what controls the vertical spacing within a cell.

I have a column of cells (Next Break, Avg Stack, Next Blinds, Prizes) and particularly for the prizes cell there is a lot of extra space taken up above and below the listed prizes that is blank.  I would prefer to shrink the cell down closer to the prize listings (but I don't want to use a fixed cell size because # of prizes fluctuates from tourney to tourney).

I have the padding for the cell at "0", so not sure what I am doing wrong here.

A picture of the column is attached.  The spacing of the prize listings is actually centered, but when I took a snapshot of the column I cut off the bottom bit, so the spacing is really symetrical around the prize list with a good empty chunk on the top and botton.

Any thoughts out there?

I know that the cell spacing varies to fill the column depending on contents (more prizes will squoosh the top cells a bit), but what I am just looking to do is have the prizes cell take up a little less space without decreasing the font size.

thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cell spacing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:07 PM »
The cells will stretch to fill the screen, and each cell will attempt to take up the amount of space proportional to their contents.  So, since the actual contents of your Prizes cell is taller than the contents of the other cells, it will take up a proportionally larger amount of space when stretched to fill the height of the screen.

Set the height on the Prizes cell to 1 and see what happens.

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Cell spacing
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
I see,

And you suggested "1" because as long as the pixel count makes it less than the size of the contents, the cell just fits to the size of the contents (?) . . . then I could just add some padding (say 10 pixels) so that it will still give me some room around the cell margins and it will flex between what ends up being 2-6 prizes for my tourneys depending on size (? - seems to do that with testing doing it that way).

Thanks.