Author Topic: Version 3.0 is now available  (Read 30274 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Version 3.0 is now available
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »
The only issue I had installing TD3 (and for me it was a minor annoyance for about 90 seconds was that all my export templates were pverwritten (wasn't worried...I had at least 10 separate backups in the last month to fall back on). My layouts were untouched. I don't use the default data store either.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
I ran my first tournament last night, as I've seen some others do as well. Besides the one issue that I posted via my cell phone last night, everything else went off without a hitch. Keyboard buttons worked to add and remove players from the tournament, bust out, and undo; my buttons all worked without issue, the only thing that I had a complaint about last night, wasn't even TD related - the stand for one of my speakers broke (doh!), but still is usable....  One thing I noticed right away that's different from the beta versions: the background on the autosave (which I used): red when off, yellow when on and unsaved info exists, and green when on and no unsaved info exists - great way to quickly tell the save state of the tournament!
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »
I've ran a few of mine, just had to set afew cells fonts,  and afew more too run,  but other than that works great

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »
I ran my first tournament last night, as I've seen some others do as well. Besides the one issue that I posted via my cell phone last night, everything else went off without a hitch. Keyboard buttons worked to add and remove players from the tournament, bust out, and undo; my buttons all worked without issue, the only thing that I had a complaint about last night, wasn't even TD related - the stand for one of my speakers broke (doh!), but still is usable....  One thing I noticed right away that's different from the beta versions: the background on the autosave (which I used): red when off, yellow when on and unsaved info exists, and green when on and no unsaved info exists - great way to quickly tell the save state of the tournament!

Actually, now that I think about it, One other issue I had was the extended display settings didn't transfer over... But that was easy enough to fix with only a LCD display.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »
I got a problem, well I think it was a problem.

I have been using the beta for a while now, I have been reading all the posts.
I thought OK I have a few weeks brake shortly so this is when I planned to down load 3.

I opened TD last night and it would let me in till I upgraded to 3, I wanted to do a back up before I moved to 3, anyway I updated to 3.
I only realised today that I could have opened TD while offline and then done the back up.

OK now I have 3 I need to purchase a new licence, how do I find out if I eligable for a discount ?.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »
macacan - http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html

Store code you'll want to copy n paste from the beta version into that field.
---

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 01:19:03 PM »
macacan - http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html

Store code you'll want to copy n paste from the beta version into that field.

Cheers mate, I think I did it right, lol

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »
lol

I had thought so too, but I had typed it in, instead of copying it... knew I had it right, but still came out wrong... Had to copy & paste it... Was a quick response once I had sent it in.

Cheers!
---

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
Was getting ready for the game last night.

Set all the game up and saved.

When I was at location, open the saved game ready for starting and got some faults coming up, emailed to support, the game did run OK with no noticeable problems.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 06:01:46 PM »
Ok i have just found out after trying to run a tournament tonight that my TD no longer works, it says "This BETA version of the software has expired. Please upgrade to the latest version."

First off a warning would have been nice within the program so i wasn't left without all my data & not able to run a tournament tonight. Secondly how do i get the program i paid for 6 months ago to work, because it seems downloading the new version requires yet another licence as my current one doesn't work with this new software. I have no issue with this new software requiring ppl to buy it, if they want to use it but disabling the program i have paid for so we have no choice but to upgrade is a little underhanded.

Am i missing something here or is the only option to use TD again is to download version 3 & pay again ??
It's been a long day and turning up without all my data & a working TD was the icing on the cake.

Any help would be appreciated

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »
A timer was installed because this was a major upgrade and leaving people to use b5 would have prevented many from upgrading (and paying) for the new release. It was stated on the forums that this timer was in place. Maybe a warning when starting b5 (alongside the commercial license warning) could have worked too.
As for TD3, it is a brand new installation and therefore you have a 30 day trial which can and will use all your information that you had with b5. Back up what data you have in case (all you have to do is go to your The Tournament Director 2 folder and copy it to your desktop. After you install TD3, you may qualify for a rebated copy of TD3 or even your copy free. The download page will supply details on how to go about finding out if you qualify or not. If you were using b5 there is a good chance your copy will be free.
If you need any more info or help, reply and we'll give you a hand as soon as we can. (I check the forums every few hours unless I'm sleeping)

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
So what do i need to do to get TD working again without having to pay again, as i only paid for my licence end of May. I think just out of the free upgrade period, i have no interest in using V3 if i have to pay again so soon. So how do i get V2 working again,

Cheers

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
follow the instructions on th eupgrade page of TD's main site
http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html
It will give you all the details you need. If you had been using b5 you should qualify for a free upgrade

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »
follow the instructions on th eupgrade page of TD's main site
http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/upgrade.html
It will give you all the details you need. If you had been using b5 you should qualify for a free upgrade

I can confirm this for the free upgrade for b5 users. As long as you were using it before the date Corey stated (Oct 24th or 25th, I believe), then you will qualify.
---

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 05:22:06 AM »
I have been using the beta version since i purchased my licence back in May (23/05/11) yet i have entered my details in the requested discount box and have only received a 50% discount code. I'm not being ungrateful here, i have received a lot of help of these forums regarding this software but there is no way i'm paying again for a piece of software i have only received 6 months of use out of.

I'll try to get V2 working again
Cheers